Cyclone goes bang.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrA

Established Member
Reaction score
I just ran my extractor and forgot to open a blast gate and the cyclone went bang! After changing my underwear I looked at the cyclone and it's shattered in several places, I'd removed the pressure relief valve because it kept on coming off when I first installed it and I always promised myself I wouldn't forget to leave a port open.... How stupid am I.
Anyway, I know Chems has stopped selling the 63mm cyclone, does anyone know who where else I could get one, I've Googled and failed.

One other question, I was running the system with a Record Power RDSE2, is this too powerful?

The cyclones are only available in the UK form Chems. I would talk to him first and see if there's anything he can do re spares.

The extractor isn't too powerful.... you just need that pressure release valve. It is quite sensitive but I found that if I always have a breather port fully open, the pressure switch doesn't blow. It's when you have constricted ports that you've got a problem.

I've converted a medium sized warning cone that I found dumped, it's hard rubber so hopefully more robust. I've decided to use the polish lid and magnet pressure relief valve that I saw in the assembly video on cyclone central. Will give it a whizz in the morning.

Works really well, I was a bit nervous when I tested the polish lid though. I wish I'd just made my own in the first place and saved a few quid. It looks a bit Heath Robinson so I'm going to have to paint it and box it up.

Back