Cutting Router Plate insert on Granite

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulkane1

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m sure this request is a bit different,than usual.I want to build a Router/Tablesaw Combi workstation,I will be using my Incra LS Posistoner,For the Router Table section,I want to use a large slab of Black Granite,(my old fire hearth)for my Incra Router Plate Insert,Could someone kindly tell me what is the best 4 inch blade on the market (use on my grinder)?and, what is the best way to work up to the final dimensions,so that plate is a tight snug,

If you really want your granite done right go to a countertop place that cuts stone countertops. Their CNC machines can make short work of it and drill any holes, steps or if thick enough, mitre slots easily. They can also skim and polish it if there are high spots. If you didn't have a slab already they will have remnants and offcuts that could be used. Make sure you have steady legs so the saw isn't tippy. They can fit it in between jobs if you aren't in a hurry and maybe give you a better rate.

Pete

As stated, probably best getting it cnc'd at somewhere that manufactures worktops. That aside, any decent quality porcelain tile cutting blade (for angle grinders) will zip through it. I have even cut granite on a wet cutting tile saw (depending on how thick it is). Amazon have a lot of inexpensive tile cutting blades.

Back