Cutting it fine!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent.

Saw it one of the out take programmes.....full of bleeps though.

Reminded me of when we use to go to airshows and lay on the grass on one of the hills while Tornado GR7's blasted over :shock: 8)

Those were the days indeed. I remember one year being at Biggin Hill Air Show and they had had a static Vulcan on display fitted with just one Concorde Olympus engine for test purposes. As I was leaving late on the last day it took off using the Concorde engine. I was at the end of the runway behind it. Won't do that again in a hurry :D

I was involved in a RN 'Sea Day' in Portsmouth some years ago and will never forget the Vulcan flypast and near vertical exit. :shock:

Nor will the residents of portsmouth and southsea. Mammoth claims for shattered greenhouses/ conservatories/ windows etc. :shock:

It wasn't allowed to do it again! :?

God it was magic though :D

Cheers

Tim

Roger Sinden":prq79v0h said:
I was at the end of the runway behind it. Won't do that again in a hurry :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim":prq79v0h said:
I was involved in a RN 'Sea Day' in Portsmouth some years ago and will never forget the Vulcan flypast and near vertical exit. :shock:

Nor will the residents of portsmouth and southsea. Mammoth claims for shattered greenhouses/ conservatories/ windows etc. :shock:

It wasn't allowed to do it again! :?

God it was magic though :D

:lol:

Similar thing happened when I was a kid at school. We saw, well more like heard, a SR71 Blackbird fly over our school...smashed all the green houses in the next field. I went out the next day and bought an airfix kit of it 8)

I grew up on the coast in Lincolnshire, surrounded by RAF bases. We regularly had Vulcans and Lightnings flying over us in formation. A near neighbour was a squadron leader who informed us one day that our garage was a wonderful landmark for them -- painted white and visible for many miles apparently.

We were often woken during the night as the fighters scrambled to meet a bear trying to sneak in across the North Sea under the radar. As a boy I thought it was fun, but as a married man living under Concorde's training flights in and out of Prestwick in the 80's I wasn't so happy...

Back