Cutting Corian advice needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beech1948

Established Member
Reaction score
I habeen asked to make some 24" circles out of white corian. How does this material handle and can it be cut with a router + carbide bits maybe. I have never used Corian before so have no knowhow. Please advise.

I'm sure an expert will be along shortly.
I have a little play with some offcuts, nice finish direct from table saw so imagine a router bit would be fine.

Just wait until Racers sees this and you should get your answer
He can turn this stuff into very pretty things.

Corrian is great to work with, I use the triple cut tooth pattern ts55 saw blade to cut it, and just normal tct router bits to rout it. Also acrylic jigsaw blades but just go slow as it can chip easily!

To polish it I use the festool sponge pads (600 grit) dry and then wet this gets a lovely finish, you can go higher if you want but i find that works well.

One piece of advise, never use anthracite this is the devils work!!!

adidat

It cuts with TCT blades you can file it sand it and polish it with wet and dry/autosoll to a mirror finish if you go up through the grades.
Its very dusty so get your extraction sorted.

New Shoulder plane by Racers, on Flickr

Pete

What Pete said about the dust extraction ! It gets everywhere so mask and goggles as well.

I fitted a lot of solid surface kitchen worktops and I turn a few corian and similar material pens. Whenever possible, I always cut and route the worktops outdoors.
Does take a lovely finish though.

Back