Cutting circles on a bandsaw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pe2dave

Established Member
Reaction score
BS300 bandsaw.
How to mount a piece of ply atop the surface, to use for cutting circles?
All I can come up with is double sided tape?
8" diameter circle wanted currently, from 16.16 square.

Suggestions please?

No bother Pe2Dave, I just post that video occasionally as it's worth a watch,
and most folk don't speak Felder.

Tom

BS300 bandsaw.
How to mount a piece of ply atop the surface, to use for cutting circles?
All I can come up with is double sided tape?
8" diameter circle wanted currently, from 16.16 square.

Suggestions please?
All you need is a couple of clamps on the inboard side of the table, ensuring the waste clears the clamps. This set up was actually used for cutting some foam seat discs, and the plywood platen spun on a pin in the melamine table.

CEF3B4F2-3B31-4B66-BA20-B533AA05D744.jpeg

(Just in case the picture does not make sense to you, the Inca bandsaw faces the opposite way to most!)

Cheers

All you need is a couple of clamps on the inboard side of the table, ensuring the waste clears the clamps. This set up was actually used for cutting some foam seat discs, and the plywood platen spun on a pin in the melamine table.

(Just in case the picture does not make sense to you, the Inca bandsaw faces the opposite way to most!)

Cheers

Thanks, I was looking 'user' side of the blade to clamp my board down. Larger board needed. I can see the logic.

Better if you cut them on a circular saw table if you have one,more accurate no possible bobble on the blade.

? Use a saw meant to cut straight lines for cutting curves ?

Using a table saw to cut circles is a common thing on Youtube.

Someone locally had a nasty accident cutting circles on a radial arm saw so I would avoid doing it on one of those!

Using a table saw to cut circles is a common thing on Youtube.

Someone locally had a nasty accident cutting circles on a radial arm saw so I would avoid doing it on one of those!
I really do not understand the former and would not attempt the latter Doug?
Any links please...

Wow. Just seen this. That looks scarily dangerous (and limited diameter compared to bandsaw?)
Thanks (but no thanks) Doug.

What a surprise, the video of using the circular saw is out of the USA. Please don’t clutter up A&E when it goes wrong! stupidity should die off.

Why not use a router and a tramel, could just be a length of wood that you have a 20 or 30mm hole in one end to sit the router bush in and a pivot at the required radius at the other end.

This setup is neat if you don't want holes in the circles you're cutting:

That said, the dude in the video is going to lose a finger on his table saw.

Latest posts

Back