Cutting/chopping board

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my router/trimmer 1/4 collet, what would be the largest bit i should use? 25 or 50mm?

What timber were you thinking of using?
not sure but cherry, maple, walnut seem popular. Would it be worth making one with some scraps of soft wood to practice techniques - gluing, clamping etc? Don't want to waste expensive stuff

With my router/trimmer 1/4 collet, what would be the largest bit i should use? 25 or 50mm?

I'd be surprised if there are many 1/4 shank / 2" cutters about?

1/4 collet machines are normally less powerful. The shank is weaker and the friction in the collet is less than a 1/2"

I would stick with 1" even if 2" were availible.

Additionally, if you're doing this by hand, then a 1" bit will show less issues if evreything isn't perfectly level.

I'd be surprised if there are many 1/4 shank / 2" cutters about?

1/4 collet machines are normally less powerful. The shank is weaker and the friction in the collet is less than a 1/2"

I would stick with 1" even if 2" were availible.

Additionally, if you're doing this by hand, then a 1" bit will show less issues if evreything isn't perfectly level.
Thanks Julian. Just measured router and aperture in bottom is only 30mm any way, so 25mm it is,

Back