Cutting bottom off doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The type of door trimming saw shown previously can be hired from most tool hire shops.
HTH.
mack.

phil.p":1jellg1z said:
Why aren't loose pin hinges more common? They save so much time and irritation: if I wish to paint or alter an internal door, it takes me about 15 seconds to take a door off.

I bet to try and stop people from fitting the hinge incorrectly. You hang the hinge with the most knuckles to the frame and with some loose pin hinges you can't push the pin from the other direction to turn the hinge around for doors hung the other side. On some loose pin designs you can't just swap anyway and the design means there are only 2 knuckles. When you try and use a left hung loose pin hinge on the right side its impossible as the hinge just slips and the door falls. You end up having to buy left and right hung hinges. Its also common for loose pins to ride themselves out.

When it comes to decorticating its better to remove the whole hinge so one don't get paint on the hinge. With a loose pin you tend to leave the hinge on still. Over time the pin can get jammed with makes there use pointless.

I bet there are many of people that don't realise there hanging a loose pin and have the hinge hung upside down :roll:

I don't like them and they can be more hassle to fit then fixed pins.

Interesting discussion on length of screwdriver and torque. This screwdriver is 6" long and provides tons of "turning power". It will out-turn a screwdriver 18" long.

ScrewDriver.JPG

Shultzy":1ixsuzhp said:
Interesting discussion on length of screwdriver and torque. This screwdriver is 6" long and provides tons of "turning power". It will out-turn a screwdriver 18" long.

ScrewDriver.JPG

Surely not, the trigger is missing. (hammer)

Hudson Carpentry":ieuyqjfy said:
Shultzy":ieuyqjfy said:

ScrewDriver.JPG

Surely not, the trigger is missing. (hammer)

Nah, it's another Veritas prototype! :twisted:

Back