Cutting an acute angle on a mitre saw less than 45%

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this video, a lot of you guys and gals probably know how to do this, but I found it an interesting method. He deals with obtuse angles first, then at 3:30 starts showing the clever way of cutting a 30% angle, beyond the range of his mitre saw table.
I'm going to admit, it was a new one for me.

Amazing!! Thank you so much!! 😊

Did I really just see him plunge those 2 cuts unsupported without holding the timber against the fence he made?
I'm sure the stuff was wobbling as he cut it.

He should have raised the jig height and extended it far enough out to grip the stuff safely.
It would also be advisable to have a lip under the bottom edge of the extended fence to help carry the stuff.

10/10 for theory
0/10 for execution
Cheers, Andy

It’s a method I’ve used before but it’s not without its risks, if you notice his hand supporting the timber moves during the cut which will result in inaccurate joints.
This is my preferred method
7E0C1735-2D7F-44EF-8FD7-EE597D476C37.jpeg

The piece being cut is fully supported so no movement & once the cut is made I let the blade stop before moving the timber or raising the blade, but there are risks involved which is why I only use the method when I can’t come up with an alternative method

Back