Cutting 1.5mm PVC cladding.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallaceandsons

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm cladding walls in my garage with 1.5mm white PVC, track saw, jigsaw or even table saw. What would work best and be accurate?

All of the above would work fine... but jigsaws are never a good choice for long straight cuts. Personally I'd use a handsaw.... cheapy builders crosscut would be fine.

Unless youre cutting thousands of feet of it, a simple hacksaw blade handle like the one in the link wiill give you a clean cut on 1/5 mm.

Dont use a jigsaw unless you have a mafell :shock: .

Any power saw blade needs lots of small teeth and slow speed to stop it melting back together again.

Hack saw would be fine if it wasn't 2.4 metre lengths. So track saw with a nice fine tooth blade? And I'll stanley knife and jigsaw out the holes for the fittings.

Don't use a jigsaw unless you have a mafell :shock: .

I don't know why people think you can't cut a straight line with any half decent jigsaw. Just keep the thing clean, the moving parts oiled and use the correct blade, new if the job is important.( I'm not suggesting it's best for this job.)

At 1.5mm thick I would be looking at scoring with a Craft knife and snapping on the score line.

An oscillating multi tool works well if you have one. Lay a straight edge on the cut line and run along it with a fine blade.

phil.p":2r8v8h9e said:
Don't use a jigsaw unless you have a mafell :shock: .

I don't know why people think you can't cut a straight line with any half decent jigsaw. Just keep the thing clean, the moving parts oiled and use the correct blade, new if the job is important.( I'm not suggesting it's best for this job.)

Tell that to my makita. 10 years I've owned it, about once a year I forget how bad it is and try again.
For a few seconds. (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

Latest posts

Back