Customs declarations and brexit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
, strongly tinged with racism, which was the driving force behind brexit

I don't think this needs clariifying.

Vote Leave, the pro Brexit govt, sections of the media.....they all played their part in the immigration blame game.

Parts of the country have suffered decades of decline....as a direct result of domestic politics. Immigrants, the EU, freedom of movement have been scapegoated.

It is a cynical use of fear to deflect from the real issues.

It is wrong to say Brexit was fuelled by racism or that brexiteer are racist but it is right to say politicians and media manipulated the public and we should be blaming them, not the voters

Here we are, billionaire media tycoons spreading hatred:

file-20180502-153895-1v7m5y.png

I don't think this needs clariifying.

Vote Leave, the pro Brexit govt, sections of the media.....they all played their part in the immigration blame game.

Parts of the country have suffered decades of decline....as a direct result of domestic politics. Immigrants, the EU, freedom of movement have been scapegoated.

It is a cynical use of fear to deflect from the real issues.

It is wrong to say Brexit was fuelled by racism or that brexiteer are racist but it is right to say politicians and media manipulated the public and we should be blaming them, not the voters

Here we are, billionaire media tycoons spreading hatred:

file-20180502-153895-1v7m5y.png
Not to forget Farage's "Breaking Point" poster - a picture of a huge queue of foreign looking people who it transpired had nothing to do with Britain - they were in another part of the world altogether. For all we know these people could have been queuing for a car boot sale, or anything!

Not to forget Farage's "Breaking Point" poster - a picture of a huge queue of foreign looking people who it transpired had nothing to do with Britain - they were in another part of the world altogether. For all we know these people could have been queuing for a car boot sale, or anything!
Yes indeed....that poster was deliberately inciting fear.

Same as Farage being on the Kent coast.

Same as Trump talking about building a wall to keep out foreigners.

As I said, it's all about political leaders not about the voters.

If remainers call leavers racists all they are doing is increasing division....exactly the strategy of Cummings. It's right wing populism.

The very vast majority of leavers are not racists, we should be blaming the politicians and the media.

People have been struggling to make a sensible debate about immigration but it has been overwhelmed by anti-immigration lobby hysteria, making claim after claim, strongly tinged with racism, which was the driving force behind brexit.

Are you sure the debate is not about population growth ?

"The population of the UK has increased by just over five million in 11 years - previously it took 35 years, from 1970 to 2005, to make the same leap".

Immigration and racism are just sticking plasters to swerve the debate.

Compared to Germany.

"The population of Germany has fallen for the first time in a decade as a dip in net immigration compounded the effects of a long decline in the birth rate.

Since 2011 the number of people in the country had grown from 80.2 million to a record 83.2 million last year. In the past six months it has dropped by 40,000, according to provisional figures published yesterday by the Federal Statistical Office."

It suits the establishment to have a divided population. It's easier to control.

"United we stand, divided we fall"

Solidarity sister/brother/other !! :)

Last edited:
Someone's been honing their debating skills!

water off a ducks back ................... some are down the pub having a discussion and a laugh, others think they are at the oxford debating society, horses for courses, you are most welcome to look down at me, but fundanmentally your witty insults are the same spirit, different views, but we are the same, just you seem to suggest a little bit of superiority.
I always get the feeling John you dont like roughians. Unfortunately I am what I am. May I suggest you do a JRM impression and I do Danny dyer.
I wonder what the worst character defect is, using swear words and mickey taking or belittling people.

Last edited:
water off a ducks back ................... some are down the pub having a discussion and a laugh, others think they are at the oxford debating society, horses for courses, you are most welcome to look down at me, but fundanmentally your witty insults are the same spirit, different views, but we are the same, just you seem to suggest a little bit of superiority.
I always get the feeling John you dont like roughians. Unfortunately I am what I am. May I suggest you do a JRM impression and I do Danny dyer.
I wonder what the worst character defect is, using swear words and mickey taking or belittling people.
Bob, you've just done your standard cycle... again: posted content-free trolling ("Age mate, wouldn't worry until you start shiitting your kaks."), got called out for it, been triggered, and dropped into victim mode in the belief that someone's talking down to you.

Either become a better troll (i.e. interject trolling posts, but genuinely don't give a toss about any replies), or actually engage in the thread. This semi-trolling and then getting triggered due to some personal issues that you're being belittled really does no one any good.

Are you sure the debate is not about population growth ?

"The population of the UK has increased by just over five million in 11 years - previously it took 35 years, from 1970 to 2005, to make the same leap".

Immigration and racism are just sticking plasters to swerve the debate.
Look at all those white people!

farage[1].jpg

Point is; I have heard anti-Polish anti-immigration comments, but the large majority of anti-immigration rhetoric does seem to focus on people with funny names and funny skin colour, so I'm not convinced that those who push an anti-immigration agenda are primarily focussed on concerns about population size.

As James Dyson pointed out this morning,
"We can employ people from all over the world
previously we were only allowed to employ people from Europe and we couldn't get the engineers we needed.
we now have 60 different nationalities now on our Wiltshire site.

he also said
" Freedom from the EU allowed Oxford scientists to develop a world beating covid 19 vaccine"
Had we been part of the EU we would not have had freedom of mind under their control.
Dyson? Seriously? The man's a clown. I saw his comments, and jeez; what a crock of total horsesh*t.

This is a guy who campaigned to leave the EU, then complained he would lose his EU farming subsidies (of which he receives - literally - millions of GBP).

His comments about the Oxford vaccine are staggeringly stupid. My wife (an NHS doctor, and an EU national) has worked directly with that (multinational) team. As I said; the man's a clown.

Bob, you've just done your standard cycle... again: posted content-free trolling ("Age mate, wouldn't worry until you start shiitting your kaks."), got called out for it, been triggered, and dropped into victim mode in the belief that someone's talking down to you.
Either become a better troll (i.e. interject trolling posts, but genuinely don't give a toss about any replies), or actually engage in the thread. This semi-trolling and then getting triggered due to some personal issues that you're being belittled really does no one any good.

Nice life coaching, it's an internet forum ............................

Arguably, you don't have to look back very far to see that we all descended from immigrants and should maybe be a little more tolerant. The concept of a country having a border is only a few hundred years old. The language we speak didn't originate in the UK and most of our ancestors arrived in the UK less than 100 generations ago.
Arguably, that it one of the most argued points ever argued.

If remainers call leavers racists all they are doing is increasing division....exactly the strategy of Cummings. It's right wing populism.

"United we stand, divided we fall"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back