Customs declarations and brexit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corbyn and momentum worked hard to expunge moderates from Labour.
Really? I saw nothing like that at all. Who did they expunge? Nobody as far as I know, they didn't even try. If anything he should have taken a much stronger line, especially after the chicken coup.
The moderates faught back....and anti semitism was the weapon they used.
Corbyn wasn't anti Semitic, but he was ideologically opposed to Israels wealth created by capitalism.
Not true at all! The moderates weren't even under attack! The big issue was Palestine. Still is. Any comment on Palestine gets a mega reaction.
That's what's interesting about this forum - here we have several surprising notions expressed by Robin the likes of which which I've never heard from any other source!

I well remember on the on the last now long gone Brexit thread many people mocking how few trade deals the UK had arranged at the time. Anybody wish to comment on the situation now that has been done at a time when the whole world is in the grip of a pandemic?
Sadly the UK hasn't negotiated a single trade deal.
Every single deal has been an EU rollover deal.

The Japan deal was lauded at the time as a wonderful deal....but scrutinising the detail, it turns out it was 95% cut and paste EU deal and the improvements over the EU deal are largely in Japan's favour.

One of the key selling points of the Brexit campaign was the claim of "new trade opportunities" ....well those haven't arisen.

An important point is this: something like 70% of our trade is: EU, USA, China.....given that the UK now only has a GDP of $3 trillion.....so it has zero leverage to get preferential terms....as EU negotiations proved.

On the knocker we asked people why they didn't like Corbyn and 9 times out of 10 they couldn't put their finger on it.

That may just have been because they wanted to be polite or that the required words were not in our current vocabulary.

But Corbyn couldn't campaign for a hard Brexit because that was identical to the other side.....so Corbyn went for fence sitting, trying to appease leavers and remainers and managed to upset both.

Corbyn upset everyone, no one really knew what his stance really was and that he would only reveal it after wining the election which he lost. There is something odd in politics these days and brexit has only highlighted the division and issues the system is facing. Labour has been going nowhere since Blair, whats the Blair saying, lost 2 I won 3 and lost 3.

I just found out that there is still a LD party, I thought they had disbanded after there last pointless attempt in an election but just shows politics has a place for chocolate teapots.

Sadly the UK hasn't negotiated a single trade deal.
The "oven ready deal" was a blatant lie and they'd failed absolutely to negotiate anything at all in the preceding 5 years. It's now a question of whom/what to blame, which will be Covid of course, and the EU, and all the usual suspects, mostly foreigners!

Really? I saw nothing like that at all. Who did they expunge? Nobody as far as I know, they didn't even try. If anything he should have taken a much stronger line, especially after the chicken coup.Not true at all! The moderates weren't even under attack! The big issue was Palestine. Still is. Any comment on Palestine gets a mega reaction.
That's what's interesting about this forum - here we have several surprising notions expressed by Robin the likes of which which I've never heard from any other source!

You've never heard it from any other source?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/momentums-purge-of-the-blairites-dddjvrr96https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/53896...ate-labour-mps-and-replace-with-hard-lefties/https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/l...lary-benn-deselection-general-election-309740https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...rence-rule-change_uk_5b4f8560e4b0fd5c73c1925chttps://labourlist.org/2017/11/is-there-a-hard-left-purge-of-moderates-going-on-in-labour/

Times, Sun, Labourlist, all campaigning against Corbyn. Independent simply incorrect - nobody was purged. As I said there was a massive ***t stirring attack on Corbyn from the media and every direction possible.
Repeat: nobody was purged at all. Not one. It was not true.
Personally I think some should have been. No doubt Momentum was plotting and not surprising considering the various failed coup/sabotage attempts.
De- and re-selection is a normal democratic process anyway, in all parties. But nothing significant came of it 2017 or 2019

Last edited:
The Pfizer vaccine was (mostly) funded by the EU, yet EU has exported 13 millions doses to the UK.

The big issue here is the UK government blaming "vaccine nationalism", yet they have a contract that prevent any export until they have a full vaccination. Isnt that vaccine nationalism ?

The pot calling the kettle black...
Pfizer would disagree with your finance assessment.

I didn't bring Corbyn up! I notice you are still stirring against him yourself despite the fact that he's out of the picture.

Corbyn effect was largely a media construction - probably the most vilified politician in recent history.
On the knocker we asked people why they didn't like Corbyn and 9 times out of 10 they couldn't put their finger on it.
Your expression "totally unelectable" came up a lot but then it would if repeated ad infinitum by all the media at every opportunity.

Corbyn surprised everybody in 2017 by destroying May's majority - obviously not "totally unelectable" so they made sure it wouldn't happen again.

Really! ;)
Your post *290 at 18.06 today where I notice not only Corbyn mentioned twice but you just carry on ad ifinitum, I suggest it might be quicker for you to just look back on your posts and copy and paste. Maybe that's what you're doing already. :unsure:

Corbyn effect was largely a media construction - probably the most vilified politician in recent history.
Your expression "totally unelectable" came up a lot but then it would if repeated ad infinitum by all the media at every opportunity.

Corbyn surprised everybody in 2017 by destroying May's majority - obviously not "totally unelectable" so they made sure it wouldn't happen again.

Really! ;)
Your post *290 at 18.06 today where I notice not only Corbyn mentioned twice but you just carry on ad ifinitum, I suggest it might be quicker for you to just look back on your posts and copy and paste. Maybe that's what you're doing already. :unsure:
As I said - I didn't bring Corbyn up. If you look back even further you will find the original poster.
But so what anyway we are all grown up here - or trying to be!

As I said - I didn't bring Corbyn up. If you look back even further you will find the original poster.
But so what anyway we are all grown up here - or trying to be!
No-ne would have mentioned Corbyn if you hadn't engineered your way into another political thread so have fun Jacob, your favourite ramblings clearly are what keep you going, and going, and going.................... ;)
I'd forgotten all about Jezza until he got back on the agenda, I'll just stick him back into the realms of distant memory where he belongs.

I'd forgotten all about Jezza until he got back on the agenda, I'll just stick him back into the realms of distant memory where he belongs.
Right ho you do that!
I rather got the impression you were trying to get a discussion going about (sh you know who) :ROFLMAO:

Right ho you do that!
I rather got the impression you were trying to get a discussion going about (sh you know who) :ROFLMAO:
I wasn't trying to get a discussing going about anyone just a serious dejavu when I read your posts, but hey ho if that's how you get your jollies then good for you.
There's only one person with a hidden agenda on this thread and that's the guy who started it. ;)

I started to read this thread but then fell asleep. Comments here are as bad as to be found on the BBC news. Full of 'experts' trying to score better points than the previous 'expert'. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

You sound like the expert on experts.

EU which is top heavy with rules and regulations
Actually the EU has gone further than any other trade bloc in harmonising standards in order to remove trade barriers.

The Single Market removes red tape. Brexit brings it back.

Actually the EU has gone further than any other trade bloc in harmonising standards in order to remove trade barriers.

The Single Market removes red tape. Brexit brings it back.
The Single Market removes red tape within the single market. It adds lots and lots of protectionist red red tape for countries outside the single market. The UK can now negotiate better terms, because the UK no longer needs to protect Italian agricultural manufacturing, Spanish food exports, German car manufacturing etc. It may take some time.

It adds lots and lots of protectionist red red tape for countries outside the single market
That is a typical dishonest Brexit argument as it avoids real world comparison.

Now please try and make an honest point: let's see you compare EU red tape with other countries, say USA.
By the way harmonised rules of the Single Market are a benefit for exporters, it means they can send goods to an of 27 countries in the EU and follow one set of rules.

And don't forget, the EU rule book is built from industry standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back