Customs declarations and brexit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From where I'm standing, the EU seems to be doing just fine :unsure:
Since the DUK left, the only impact, as far as I can see, is that I
have to source my purchases elsewhere.

Would you like to substantiate that?
It looks like it's in turmoil to me

Good question Phil and plenty of answers! Big issues too, not just trivia.
So - do we have any answers to the other question about advantages of Brexit? Seems to have gone quiet on that front.:unsure:
Nul points so far, surely somebody can think of something?

Obvious innit...

sddefault.jpg

The best thing we got from Brexit was that not enough remainers got out of their beds to vote.

The top and bottom of it all is that regardless of any grievances you hold today, Brexit could have been avoided.
A large majority poo hood the idea Brexit would ever happen, thinking so many would vote against it and therefore didn't bother to turning up to vote on the day.
Complain all you want today. Make as many accusations or praises, but the fact remains forums don't change things.
The voting public do.

A large majority poo hood the idea Brexit would ever happen, thinking so many would vote against it and therefore didn't bother to turning up to vote on the day.
Certainly it was taken for granted - by Cameron from the beginning
Complain all you want today. Make as many accusations or praises, but the fact remains forums don't change things.
The voting public do.
Yes but the more people talk about things in forums or anywhere, the more likely it is that the voting public will make intelligent decisions rather than being told what to think and do, by a heavily biased media.

but the more people talk about things in forums or anywhere, the more likely it is that the voting public will make intelligent decisions rather than being told what to think and do, by a heavily biased media.

But Jacob that is what you are doing your telling us all how to think and what to do, but in fact is most of us make intelligent decisions all and every day but your way is just making people just tired of all your dribble.

But Jacob that is what you are doing your telling us all how to think and what to do, but in fact is most of us make intelligent decisions all and every day but your way is just making people just tired of all your dribble.
Don't read it then. Or put me on "ignore".

Certainly it was taken for granted - by Cameron from the beginningYes but the more people talk about things in forums or anywhere, the more likely it is that the voting public will make intelligent decisions rather than being told what to think and do, by a heavily biased media.

Cameron asked for simple changes that the EU would not discuss. They turned their back on him in parliament and isolated May the same way.........that was factual and for all to see how our leaders were treated.

And yes the media was bias.
I'm surprised the BBC didn't manage to persuade more remainders to go out and vote to be honest.

Seems to me the EU is in a bigger mess than its ever been in today.
Its like a rudderless ship to be honest.
No ones mentioning their finances or how they will plug the UK money loss.
Their lack of controlling the pandemic.
Perhaps you can cite some evidence of this?
The control of the pandemic is only limited by the supply of vaccine.
If you're suggesting the EU should have elbowed its way to get all the vaccine it would have left the UK short of vaccine.
Please don't tell me about different contracts, in an emergency the EU would have had justification to do so.

Perhaps you can cite some evidence of this?
The control of the pandemic is only limited by the supply of vaccine.
If you're suggesting the EU should have elbowed its way to get all the vaccine it would have left the UK short of vaccine.
Please don't tell me about different contracts, in an emergency the EU would have had justification to do so.

No Its not.
Lockdown controlled the pandemic while the vaccine started taking effect and the vaccinated numbers went up.
So who would you blame for the slow response, the inability to protect its people and the utter contempt it has shown for the UK?........

...the utter contempt it has shown for the UK?........
This is a very tired theme. We (the UK) blustered and bull "scheissed", threatened (including threats to break international law), claimed we could basically get all the advantages of membership without membership, sent utter simpletons (e.g. David Davis) to negotiate on our behalf; and through all that the EU negotiators managed to maintain a pretty straight face. Frankly I'd have shown utter contempt for the embarrassing excrement show the UK managed during that time.

And yet, despite all the negatives that have happened being an obvious and well warned consequence of the actions that we took, it's still somehow someone else's fault.

This is a very tired theme. We (the UK) blustered and bull "scheissed", threatened (including threats to break international law), claimed we could basically get all the advantages of membership without membership, sent utter simpletons (e.g. David Davis) to negotiate on our behalf; and through all that the EU negotiators managed to maintain a pretty straight face. Frankly I'd have shown utter contempt for the embarrassing excrement show the UK managed during that time.

And yet, despite all the negatives that have happened being an obvious and well warned consequence of the actions that we took, it's still somehow someone else's fault.

Never the less the UK is forecast to show average growth of 1.9% if measured by GDP.
Plus it is projected to remain the fastest growing economy in the G7 up to 2050.

Yes but the more people talk about things in forums or anywhere, the more likely it is that the voting public will make intelligent decisions rather than being told what to think and do, by a heavily biased media.

won't make much impact on here when 90% of us are geriatrics.

that was factual
No, not factual.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/19/camerons-eu-deal-what-he-wanted-and-what-he-got
isolated May the same way
How so?
Theresa May wanted to leave the CU and SM, EU offered the backstop, a reasonable compromise.

And yes the media was bias
Yes the right wing media, namely the Daily Mail, Daily Express, Daily Telegraph have been gaslighting the public about the EU for decades. And the lies are still continuing.

Because the untruth perpetuates. That's good for nobody. Well, except a small minority that will profit from the manipulation.

The speeds which things move today there is no time for truths or untruths. Everything is forgotten in the blink of an eye.

Never the less the UK is forecast to show average growth of 1.9% if measured by GDP.
Plus it is projected to remain the fastest growing economy in the G7 up to 2050.
That's Pwc forecast....lots of ifs, buts and maybes in that.

Anyway, GDP is not a very useful metric for the general public.

What counts is wealth distribution, in work, child and pensioner poverty, retirement age, healthcare provision, access to public services etc......pretty much all those metrics are getting worse for most people here.

The speeds which things move today there is no time for truths or untruths. Everything is forgotten in the blink of an eye.
I can only shrug my shoulders in response to that, as it's pretty meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back