Customer service shock news!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

How we all like a moan about the service we get, or don't get, from various retailers don't we? I've done it myself. Still, I've always vowed that if I should ever be on the receiving end of a good experience, I'd be sure to tell about that too, as a counter balance.

I don't know if anyone here has used www.diygear.com at all? (Original name eh? :roll: ) I had cause to order from them for the first time recently, but after a week of waiting without a peek I became a bit concerned and emailed to cancel. Got an email back PDQ saying "It's already on its way". Grrr... So I demanded in a slightly huffy way why they hadn't let me know, and suggest how about they change their system to send an email to at least acknowledge the order in a "constructive critisism" tone of typing. Turns out they did, but my ISP must have blocked it. Ooops. :oops: I email back and admit I'm looking a bit embarrased etc etc. No problem, they're upgrading the system to try and correct this problem, and if I remind him of this trouble next time I order they'll be no charge for delivery! :shock: It wasn't even their fault, but they still wanted to make amends. As someone pointed out to me, they want to flog me more stuff; but that's the point of good customer service isn't it?! I'm not sure that they're the cheapest (haven't actually checked), but they do seem to stock stuff that other places don't bother with. No affiliation and so forth, but just a satisfied customer who felt sufficiently moved to suggest you at least take a look at the site and maybe bookmark it just in case. :D I also thought you might enjoy the rarity value... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf

They all seem to be working on smartening up their act. The investment in the software is small compared with the sales potential.

Good to see you again. :D :D

Cheers
Neil

Hi all

Another example of good customer service, this time from toolshopdirect: -

"Despite being promised supplies of the DW957K2 on the 14th October 2003 we are still awaiting shipment from Dewalt.

Dewalt now confirm they are out of stock of this machine.

However, we have been promised a small number of these drills for tomorrow so we will be in a position to ship this for Friday delivery to you.

Whilst we accept this is below our expected level of customer service we hope you will understand we are doing everything we can to speed up the shipment of this drill.

We will not debit your card until we ship the goods tomorrow."

It's not what you want to hear but I am very pleased that they are keeping me informed of my order which I placed on Sunday. DeWalt themselves had run out of stock at Stoneleigh.

Cheers
Neil

Edit Slight hiccup here, I ranf Toolshopdirect at 5 and asked where my drill was to be told it had been despacthed the previous evening but the carrier had not been able to read the diskette containing the consignment notes. Delivery will now be Monday!!!

Hi all

I have just received an email from HIS-Lawson telling me that my goods have been despatched, on time, and also giving me the consignment number for the carrier with the url for checking.

Whilst I get this information in business it is really good to see it being provided by internet/mail order companies.

Cheers
Neil

Edit Trend M & T jig arrived as per email this afternoon.

Back