Curry's. - Do NOT buy anything from them at the moment.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myfordman makes fair point. It can be a matter of principle or just good commercial sense.

I have one (inherited) house let out and supply all white goods. Depends on your market. Current tenants happen to be local, previous 2 were families coming here to work in the University or research labs on 2 year post doctoral contracts and its a sort of given that white goods are included. A washing machine costs less than one month rent. I have never had a void of more than a few days because the place is attractive and the rent competitive.

AO are good and now my supplier of choice for most things.

I have mutiple properties rented out and a £200/250 washing machine will return its purchase price in extra rent within its warranty period. Thereafter is pure bonus/profit with my choice to replace or repair in the event of a problem.
I let quality properties any of which I would be happy to live in myself if I needed to.

If your properties are nice I would bet that you could charge the same rent with or without a washing machine provided.

I provide what they need. Most of my tenant are either engaged/newly wed couples or mature singles renting their first place post separation. Most need white goods. I have another couple who are "Serial Renters" and they have much of their own stuff but as it happened, no washing machine.
I ask what they want and use that in the rent calculation. Same with curtains and carpets according what they want/need.

If your properties are nice I would bet that you could charge the same rent with or without a washing machine provided.

Do keep it up!
Your lack of self awareness is most amusing.
Even after he has explained he is highly experienced, you still know better.
I am guessing you also have degree level knowledge of psychology and are familiar with Dunning Kruger effect?

Do keep it up!
Your lack of self awareness is most amusing.
Even after he has explained he is highly experienced, you still know better.
I am guessing you also have degree level knowledge of psychology and are familiar with Dunning Kruger effect?

That's the one where the noise goes funny when a racing car goes past isn't it?

Back to Curries.. we recently had. Telly from them which went wrong almost immediately. Curries weren’t helpful at all and passed us on to Samsung who were frankly sh*te. Wrong parts, wrong attitude, delays etc. Apparently a shortage of electronics. Perhaps the country of manufacture has had a few problems, pi**ing off the whole world.

Not aware South Korea have pi**ed off the whole world unless you know something I don't?

Indeed, unless they have made us all jealous by managing Covid and their economy much better than most countries. Their economic and technological growth since the 1953 armistice has been remarkable.

Back