Curry's. - Do NOT buy anything from them at the moment.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that AJB may have gotcha. You may be confusing a rule with a law in the "law of Physics" sense of the term.

Weird to bring this up again. If you look further you will see that I was making a joke there and then later on I was pointing out how stupid that phrase is since it doesn't make sense in common parlance.

I realise that it was all light-hearted (hence my reply in the same manner) and I wasn't from my POV bringing it up again as it was the first time I read this thread.,

I've just agreed to buy a "buy to let" flat. I have a keen as mustard tenant waiting and I'll have little more than 2 weeks to get it ready to let. Decorate carpets etc
I'll need a washing machine from a reliable supplier. In the past i've used Curry's with no problems, but in the light of this thread, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Anyone used AO recently and care to share experiences please?
Or Argos maybe?

Bob

washing machines are Ok I think, dishwashers and microwaves are the difficult items.
Seems to be a knock on effect, some powertools are difficult to get hold of at present.

I've just agreed to buy a "buy to let" flat. I have a keen as mustard tenant waiting and I'll have little more than 2 weeks to get it ready to let. Decorate carpets etc
I'll need a washing machine from a reliable supplier. In the past i've used Curry's with no problems, but in the light of this thread, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Anyone used AO recently and care to share experiences please?
Or Argos maybe?

Bob

Why are you supplying the washing machine? Let the tenant do it, then you are not liable for repairs.

mY daughter was a manager for Car Phone w/house seperate store.....took it from a wreck to almost the best in the county....
Her thanks for 4 years hard work was the TICKET to RIDE".....and they even messed her tax up to boot.....
Long hours and no thanks.....
Now she still has long hours but in training to be a Paramedic.....good from bad.....
Big big company just don't care.....I blame the over paid do nothing accountants for trashing this world....

Myfordman.... is this your first 'toe in the water' re being a landlord.? We've just got out of the 'game' after 13yrs(ish) and have plenty of tales to tell.... I see you're also Soton, pm me if you'd like any advice.

We took delivery of a fridge freezer from AO last week, ordered the previous week.
Was faultless transaction including the delivery men who put the it in the kitchen and took all the packaging away.

I had a new oven and hob fitted about 2 weeks ago by AO. Totally painless - good price, good communication, turned up on time, fitted ok. Would definitely use again.

It is likely the case that providing a washing machine increases the pool of potential tenants, and possibly even the rent.

Were it typically let to students (sharing?) it may be much more attractive if basic white goods are supplied - possibly even basic furnishing (sofa, table, beds etc).

Second hand charity shop items are not massively expensive even for reasonable quality.

I dont think that I have to justify my business principles to you

No quite right you don't, but a reply, even a dismissive one, earlier would have been polite. You seen to be a first time landlord and I was trying to help you with one of the common first timer mistakes.

It is likely the case that providing a washing machine increases the pool of potential tenants, and possibly even the rent.

Were it typically let to students (sharing?) it may be much more attractive if basic white goods are supplied - possibly even basic furnishing (sofa, table, beds etc).

Second hand charity shop items are not massively expensive even for reasonable quality.

There is no shortage of eager tenants for a well priced property in a good area, you don't need to make things any more attractive (and costly) for yourself.

Back