Currupt File? Dave?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone and Dave :D

I have been working on a model for a few days, however mysteriously, tonight I am unable to open the skp file. Sketchup just tells me it cannot open the file.

I have tried system restore, upgrading Sketchup and a clean installation of Sketchup. None of which have worked. All my other models seem to be fine.

Is it possible that this file has just become corrupted. There isn't a huge amount of work in the model, but there are some dimensions I need to extract from it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Slim,

Yes, it is possible that your SKP file has become corrupt. How it happens is too many for me but I have had it happen a couple of times. One thing you could do is find and open the SKB version of the file. It is the backup file saved automatically in case your computer or the program rolls over and plays dead.

To open the SKB file, rename it to SKP and then just double click on it like normal. You'll need to rename the original SKP file (add a 1 or the word, "old" to it) or you could delete it.

Let me know how that works for you. On more than one occasion I have had someone send me a file that seemed to be corrupt and I've been able to open it. If you'd like, you could e-mail the SKP file to me and I'll try to open it.

Dave

As always Dave, you are a star. Renaming the skb file worked a treat.

How are you doing btw. I haven't been around this forum for a while, but it's great to see you back.

Hi Slim,

I'm glad that worked out for you. Hopefully you won't need to use it very often.

All is well on this end. More work to do than time to do it but that's alright. How about you?

Back