Cupboard lift up stays

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knappers

Established Member
Reaction score
I have some kitchen top box cupboards with piston stays on them which next to useless - even at full adjustment, they simply aren't strong enough to support the door's weight. I am looking for some locking lift up stays. These look like quite good value. Has anybody tried them?

http://www.eurofitdirect.co.uk/kitchen-top-box-stay

Si.

Thanks for the offer, but gas struts are what I have, and they are not strong enough (may just be the ones I have, obviously). We are both tall enough that locking ones that require a slight lift are fine, just wondered if anybody had any experience of these ones, or any other recommendations.

Si.

can you take a door off and weight it? There are many piston stays on the market and are specifically made for given weight ranges. Sounds like the ones you have are just not strong enough.

Have a look at the Blum Aventos range , they come in several configurations depending on how you want teh door to open and are sized to suit different weight ranges, they also have soft close/open

This is one of the parallel opening ones I fitted recently, works well.

J

Latest posts

Back