Crosscut Sled With Box-Joint Jig by Jorden

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Smith

Established Member
Reaction score
This entry was sent to me by Jorden

For entry in the beginner section...

Title: Crosscut Sled With Box-Joint Jig
Materials: Birch plywood, beech, screws.

Pictures

plywoodcompetition001.jpg

plywoodcompetition002.jpg

plywoodcompetition003.jpg

plywoodcompetition005.jpg

The jig was designed to cut 3mm slots, 3mm apart for forming boxwood joints in an ash bathroom cabinet. The sled is a woodworking standard with the two clamps holding the detachable jig. difficult to see in the pictures, there is a 3mm pin 3mm to the right of the saw cut providing the index.

Dennis

I use something similar myself but with a cover for the exposed blade both infront of and behind the vertical fence. One should also ensure that the spacing is equal to the saw kerf and that it has a zero degree top bevel, I keep one just for this purpose & keying mitres.

Jason

Hi Dennis

Good to meet you today.

I assume that you removed the guards for photographic purposes. :roll:

Good luck,
Neil

PS How is the foal?

NIce to meet so many on Sunday :D

The guard would have covered the 'working bits' making the photograph a picture of a guard, so it was removed to clarify the details :roll:

Dennis

The foal is a dark grey colt Shetland, and not quite got the hang of it's legs yet, but beautiful Neil. There was a brief problem on Sunday teaching it to feed (where the taps are), but it's got the idea now 8-[

Dennis

Back