Crippling camels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to be a mod although there are one or two who wouldn't like it. And, for the record, Jacob isn't one of them.

I would dispute the highly contentious "quantity over quality" claim. There were some well-reasoned arguements and insights offered. As the originator of the post I was amazed to find it still drawing comments some eighteen months after my initial rant by which time it had morphed into simething completely different. Media bias did come into it occasionally.

Lonsdale73":2jgjl08i said:
I'd love to be a mod although there are one or two who wouldn't like it. And, for the record, Jacob isn't one of them.

I would dispute the highly contentious "quantity over quality" claim. There were some well-reasoned arguements and insights offered. As the originator of the post I was amazed to find it still drawing comments some eighteen months after my initial rant by which time it had morphed into simething completely different. Media bias did come into it occasionally.
I thought it was a brilliant and very rare example of a proper discussion about democratic issues. Most discussion groups are either echo chambers or 'unresponsive'. Personally I really want to know what and how the opposition think, even OscarG's rants. Then so much total ignorance on many important topics such as NI, corrected with detailed knowledge coming from Noel.
We live in interesting (troubled?) times - everybody needs to talk more if they want democracy to survive.

Jacob":34j8i3k8 said:
Lonsdale73":34j8i3k8 said:

I thought it was a brilliant and very rare example of a proper discussion about democratic issues. Most discussion groups are either echo chambers or 'unresponsive'. Personally I really want to know what and how the opposition think, even OscarG's rants. Then so much total ignorance on many important topics such as NI, corrected with detailed knowledge coming from Noel.
We live in interesting (troubled?) times - everybody needs to talk more if they want democracy to survive.
Exactly. I was joking by the way with "quantity over quality" (a bit of self deprecating humour - given that I was an active participant). I thought the thread was interesting and useful; though granted I'm not sure I'd have wanted the responsibility of moderating it (a thankless task).

Don't worry about it, I'd lay money on this thread morphing into another angry rant thread. :roll:

Lons":gd75r4ua said:
Don't worry about it, I'd lay money on this thread morphing into another angry rant thread. :roll:
No, it'll be a meta rant thread; where we rant on this thread about the rant thread :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back