Cressing Temple

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a great 4 hours at the show , lots to see and be inspired by

I had a go at carving a rocking horse head :lol:

Was inspired by the British Woodcarvers stand , some stunning work from these guys and girls =D>

The lady who makes the puppets , well all I can say is Wow :lol:

Viewed the Magma Titan 315 , the little brother to my lathe , they even tried to sell me one and I was wearing the T shirt as well

Bumped into a few faces known to me and had a chat

The Hog roast was well , mouthwatering :mrgreen:

Real Ale ( sorry officer ) :mrgreen:

I am off out again soon but will upload my Cressing photos later

And the best bit of all , I managed to keep my spending well under control #-o

A great day out. Took the misses and little boy who both loved it as well.

Had a nice chat with Philly and got my grubby mits on his self made les paul guitar. Very nice job!

Had a chat to John Lloyd and Garret Hack too. Lovely blokes.

I tried to have a chat with Tom but was busy.

And I was dragged away before I could buy one of Richard Maguires superb wagon vices. Really nice bit of kit. Something on the christmas list.

There were some great secondhand tools on sales at reasonable prices as well.

All in all a great day out. Got a bit hot for the little one so we left earlier than I would have liked, but much fun had.

Sorry I missed you Paul. I think I remember you waiting there for me, but I got stuck with a customer. There's always next year ;)

Glad you enjoyed the show

Blister":3jj7twqn said:
The lady who makes the puppets , well all I can say is Wow :lol:
She was rather nice eh? :wink:

I went Sunday with my wife and some friends and we all had a great time, what a contrast to last year's weather! It made such a difference to be able walk around in the sun and sit on the grass instead of running from one location to another under a brolly.

Chatted to Les Thorne, Mark Hancock and Michael Hosaluk and they were all very happy to spare the time from their demos to chat and advise.

I was wondering whether Michael would completely disappear under the pile of shavings he was creating, the last I saw of him he was almost knee deep!

At one point I lifted up the tailstock of the Titan he was using and it weighs as much as a small lathe on its own. I could get my hand down the tool-rest it's of such a large diameter. The Titan's are certainly formidable machines but I was less impressed with the stability of the "lesser" Magma's, especially the smallest of the two which was jumping around all over the place and making it very hard for the turner to guide the gouge. I guess it needed weighting or bolting down, it was just standing on a couple of wooden strips.

I see Magma are offering a midi-lathe which is a different coloured version of the Axminster AW1416VS.

I even managed not to deviate from my shopping list, although just the word "wood" at the bottom left me plenty of scope :mrgreen:

Back