Crazy world

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use this system and it is absolutely brilliant. However, I have just been advised that my £1.99 monthly subscription will shortly increase to £2.99 but this is still very worthwhile for me.
I was very happy at 1.99 but on principle I am pulling the plug on them as not happy to take the increase. I will bin the printer and use an online printing service (via a Groupon deal).

I've had an Epson Eco Tank printer for a couple of years and am very happy with it. Printer itself was more expensive that I have paid before but the tanks for the ink have lasted months and are relatively cheap to refill even with the branded ink (about £8-9 per colour). With 3 teenage kid and myself using it we get through a lot of paper but I've had no issues with it.

Almost everything these days wants some sort of monthly fee (or recurring revenue) and the model with printers was an early example. Printer is probably sold not much above cost and the real profit is on the inks. Coffee pod machines are similar and computer SW and even cars are going the same way.

Long as you don't need colour printing go with a laser printer. I bought a Brother laser printer last year for around £90 the starter toner cartridge in it is still going strong (I don't print that much) and no issue with ink drying out so should last me a couple of years. Much better than the previous 3 inkjets that end up in landfill.

Back