Crafts @ The Castle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just an invite to anyone in the Derbyshire or surrounding areas, on the 22nd and 23rd of May there will be a working crafts event as part of the Derbyshire Food and Drink fair at Bolsover Castle in Derbyshire. The event aptly called "Crafts @ The Castle" features 12 craftsmen and women demonstrating a wide range of skills that include jewelery, pottery, leatherwork and hurdle making on a pole lathe.

I will be there demonstrating woodturning and for the woodworkers on the forum there is a chance to see the work of Nicholas Hobbs who has an enviable reputation for innovative design and fine craftsmanship, Nicholas trained at Loughborough under the influences of the great Edward Barnsley.

With the added atraction of the Food and Drink it should be a great weekend for all.

CC

guest":2y5utyy3 said:
Yeah so what!
What a stunning contribution. No wonder you were too embarassed to put your name to it. :roll:

Sounds good, CC. Now if only you'd move Derbyshire a few miles southwest... :(

Cheers, Alf

Totally agree with you, Alf. Inane comments like that tell me much about the cretinous mentality of the 'author'. :roll:

Thanks for the info. CC - always glad to know about these events. Unlikely to get there as I might be busy, provided my dust extractor, due yesterday, arrives before the 22nd. :?

Bakewell tarts - ahh!! I love tarts............ :lol:

Trev.

Cant beleive that comment,

In all the time ive frequented these boards i think thats the first post ive seen like that...........hopefully the last.

Sounds like a good day CC, just to far away for me i'm afraid,

Aidan.

Hi CC

Thank you for your posting, it sounds like a really good weekend to visit Derbyshire.

I'll certainly try and persuade the LOML.

I'm sorry that your post was the subject of such an inane comment. Thankfully our "guest" is part of a very small minority.

All the best
Neil

Hi all

This "guest" (at 8.11) was, of course, me. :oops:

Sorry. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

PS I am referring to the post IMMEDIATELY ABOVE where I failed to sign in.

PPS The Sorry in this post refers to me forgetting to sign in at 8.11.

I will watch out for it

Yeah i know bolsover - is Dennis Skinner coming ?

I used to do business with someone at Hasland in Chesterfield - not far up the road.

Cheers

I don't believe Neil was laying claim to being the original guest (I'll eat my galoot hat if it was), merely the poster of the Mon May 03, 2004 8:11 am message.

Cheers, Alf

Hi all

I've edited my post to show that it refers to the "guest" post immediately above it and not to the original inane guest post.

Cheers
Neil

CC Thanks for the info on bolsover castle. We may well give it a visit, as we only live a few miles down the road in CHURCH WARSOP, so the castle is nearly on our doorstep. I actually have relatives living in a house next to the castle walls.

I love visiting craft fairs where people are actually doing something. I get fed up of the so called craft fairs, where you get mass production products, and the stall holders are sitting down looking bored. In my view, anybody can find something to do, especially if you are a true craft person, as they are always full of ideas.

Yesterday we visited the craft fair at CALKE ABBEY near derby. Quite good. A good range of people doing things, including a blacksmith, wood carver, a couple of painters, and a couple of ladies doing great things with some wool on spinning machines.
Not a massive fair, but very interesting.

Sounds like a good day out. I will keep an eye out in the local papers for the prices and times.

cheers
JOHN

Back