Craft fairs again.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, France. Now Corston Malmesbury
I have tried, and failed, to find the thread on carft fairs where one of the members was trying to find out what sells? In that thread I mentioned about book marks and how wel they could sell, especially if you offer to put a name on them at no extra charge. Well SWMBO came up with the idea of a book mark for our young neighbour on her saints day, St Mathilde. Good idea says I as it's tomorrow and very little time. So here is what I came up with. Not photographed, but scanned.

Penguinchick2.jpg

The original pikky was scanned from a Christmas card and it's one I have always liked. For carft fairs you don't need the picture, but the mane don't arf go down well! And these days you could quite easily charge £1.50 to £2 for 5 mins work plus another couple to pyro the name..

Edit : - Forgot to say. The wood is Russian Olive, a false olive with huge evry sharp thorns. About 4 1/2" long and 1/8" thick, so you can get several out of a 1 3/4" branch.. It is buffed with carnuba wax.

ah ha! so you dont draw (pyro) freehand then? some cunning ploy with carbon paper or something like that? I could probably do that. I cant draw for toffee but i can trace with the best of them!

Nev, you are a total amature at no draw compaired with me mate! I'll challenge you to a "cock up a drawing" any day you like.

Lewis, the pyro took about 10 minutes or so and it took 3 times that to decide what to dammed well draw! The pyro is not difficult and is fascinating to see it build. All you need is a good book and some practice.

When you are cheating (?) and doing like wot I do you use black carbon paper because when you miss the line, with the pyro pen, slightly it doesn't show! The subject (getting techy here) was on a Christmas card we had and is an Emperour penguin (spelling) with a chick and I love it for its simplicity and grace. Well, it is that on the card?

Latest posts

Back