couriers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the need for a courier from time to time- I could send maybe maybe 10-15 parcels a week for 12 weeks of the year, and 5 parcels a week for the remainder. It isn't a huge amount to excite any of the big boys. At the moment I have used parcel2go and Royal mail. Using Royal mail I know that I have paid a premium, but my problem is that I am not home during office hours and I can only get away with having the odd parcel collected from my work address.

I have looked at "collect+", where I can drop things off at a local corner shop. The problem here is that it is pretty restrictive with box sizes- my common parcels are light in weight but often about 50cm x 35cm x 35cm which is too large for this service.

Does anybody know if any couriers are willing to collect from a secure location, e.g. a steel box with combination lock but with householder not present, then post any paperwork through the door? Any other suggestions? I am not really that concerned which courier I use, providing it is competitive on price, but Royal Mail over the counter is expensive, and I have to charge VAT on top of the stamp price which I cannot claim back. Overnight, 48 hour or even 3-5 days are all ok.

TIA
Mark

Cheers Mike- same problem as p2g though I think. They all need you to be present to collect the parcel. The "regular senders" thing is just a discount for bulk.

Have you tried Interparcel, I have used them to book UPS and never had any problems however I have always been in to give parcel to the driver.

Stew

Back