Couriers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just been successful in an auction on eBay but one of the terms of the auction was that the buyer should arrange collection of the item. Since it's in Scotland and I'm down here in Worcestershire, it's going to be difficult to arrange this in person.

Can anyone suggest a courier or delivery service that might be suitable?

Gill

Gill, I live about a 100 miles away from Glasgow. If i can help in anyway just let me know.

Regards

Woody

Gill":lj4yktej said:
I've just been successful in an auction on eBay but one of the terms of the auction was that the buyer should arrange collection of the item. Since it's in Scotland and I'm down here in Worcestershire, it's going to be difficult to arrange this in person.

Can anyone suggest a courier or delivery service that might be suitable?

Gill

Hi Gill, I assume you contacted the seller directly about shipping? Seems like in his revised description he specifically mentions he would package at no cost and ship at no extra cost.

btw, now that's a nice saw! I'm sure it will provide someone like you with the skill to use it great enjoyment.

mike and gill what the seller says is the post will be about £25 the packaging is free, thats a nice saw gill will you be cutting very thick pieces of wood on it :D

Many thanks for the advice, guys. I've emailed the vendor and await his response. One way or another, I'm going to end up paying for the postage so I don't mind sorting it out to my own requirements. Thanks for the link, Jim; I've emailed the company and something should get sorted out soon.

It's a saw that few people outside the scrolling fraternity are familiar with because the manufacturer doesn't need to advertise it. He's a retired engineer of the James Dyson variety. He saw what was available on the market twenty years ago and decided he could make something better. Unlike Dyson, he doesn't aspire to global domination; he just wants something to keep his income ticking over. Those who have used Diamond saws reckon they knock the competition into a cocked hat (including Hegners :eek: ). At the price, I couldn't resist it.

As Frank insinuates, it'll come into its own for cutting thick hardwood and stack cutting - up to 4" thick according to the manufacturer. I can't wait to get my hands on this beastie; with a 1/2 hp motor, it's a serious piece of kit :).

Gill (who reckons Dyson vacuum cleaners are the bees knees, especially when it comes to cleaning pet hairs)

Gill":3jogobct said:
snip...
it'll come into its own for cutting thick hardwood and stack cutting - up to 4" thick according to the manufacturer. I can't wait to get my hands on this beastie; with a 1/2 hp motor, it's a serious piece of kit :).
Gill
Wow! I'm impressed. Congrats on the price.

Mike, who is now going to sell is DeWalt 20" wannabe scrollsaw and give up forever his aspirations to scrollsawing...

Gill,
Nice saw - it looks so uncomplicated.

the ebay seller mentions a website for Diamonds but I've googled and cannot find. Do you know the URL?

Andy

Andy - there isn't a website for the Diamond saw, despite what the vendor has said.

Mike - that DW 788 recently won a "Best Overall" rating in Fine Woodworking when it tested mid range saws. Keep practising and it'll serve you well.

Gill

cambournepete":h9pdliia said:
Gill,

Does this mean you're doing to be selling a scroll saw soon?

Pete :whistle:

:lol:

Let's not be hasty - the Diamond hasn't arrived yet!

Incidentally, there's a nice Hegner for sale on ebay right now, but you'll have to be quick (and live up north). The stand would cost £94 new and the latest model of the saw would cost £509 new.

I've got no association with this auction.

Gill

Gill":1kfnccsk said:
...Mike - that DW 788 recently won a "Best Overall" rating in Fine Woodworking when it tested mid range saws. Keep practising and it'll serve you well. Gill
Hi Gill,

Yes, it has pretty much been the best overal rating for at least 2-3 years in the various magazines. And it is a good saw. But I really am going to sell it.

I don't use it that much. I actually bought it when I had my granddaughter stay with us for a couple weeks 2 summers back. She was interested in trying scrollsawing (she was 7 then). She did a fine job and it was loads of fun.

But she is now "into" other things and it sits in storage collecting dust. When I did use it I almost always used it for outside cuts anyway. Once I sell it it will be replaced with a small Rikon bandsaw.

I was only teasing about the aspirations thing. :)

Do let us know how you get on with the new saw, please.

Back