Couriering

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

What is the cheapest company to use to courier a 41kg item?

I normally use Parcelforce but this is above their maximum weight allowance

i used parcel broker (.co.uk?) last time, when I bought a thicknesser. I have had a couple of heavy items, but not quite that much- thicknesser was high 30's I think. Try a couple of brokers, like that one, or parcel 2 go- it will be much cheaper if it can go by courier rather than pallet rate.

I think that you are going to struggle to find one.

I am just using google, so cant recommend anybody. Have you tried interparcel?

Other alternative is to try one of the sites where van drivers/lorry drivers are looking for a back load. Never done so myself.

Just noticed your location- not sure if it makes a difference.

It doesnt for couriering, but if I wasnt surrounded by water I would go and get it myself, so it does make it a bit of a pain!

it is actually a useful search- 41kgs is in the territory of timber delivery. Length may be more of an issue with that, but the last one doesnt seem too restrictive.

Thats a really good website actually
Particularly as city link apparently say they will deliver it for £21 plus vat. That seems remarkably low to me.

it did to me too- I have just been playing around with timber sized parcels - 230cm x 50cm x 30cm at 50kg's and it was a similar price.

No idea whether it's correct or nor, but would be interested to see of it is as straightforward as they suggest if you do use it.

It is annoying when places that are cheap for general parcels, start to quote £70+ for the same thing, when they deal with TNT and DHL already!

Yeah i know. It is only 140cm in length. TNT was over £120. Thats why im a bit sceptical at £22. Its not needed quite yet, next week sometime, so will try it and see! Will let you know.
Thanks very much for the help!

fraser":213fxjor said:
Do you know who that was with? Worth keeping a note of for future
Errrr...... Ahh...... Now you got me. I will try to find the docs for it, though I think I might have binned them.

Latest posts

Back