Courier services that will move a tablesaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Can anyone advise me on companies that can pick up and deliver a heavy secondhand tablesaw (say 500kg) to a private house garage down a steep drive.I dont have access to a forklift so would need couriers to position it for me.Cheers

If you can put the table saw onto a pallet and strap it securely with toggle straps to said pallet, then DHL Connect should be able to help, be sure to tell them all details or they get stroppy.
Good luck

Woodentop

Welcome to the Forum....

Find a national pallet delivery service such as PalletLine and get it shipped on a standard Europallet. Specify that you will require a tail lift drop with a pallet truck to get it off the wagon and they should be able to oblige at little or no extra cost - though you might have to wait a couple of days extra for that convenience. Reckon they'll be cheaper than DHL, et al (circa £35 to £40 +VAT for most of the UK)

Scrit

Cheers thanks for that.Now I just need to find a nice Wadkin for £200!

Welcome, you will now be skint forever :D :D joining the forum. :D

Theres been a good selection on Ebay recently, mainly 3 phase, but there not that difficult to convert if your looking for single phase. here's one

or this one.

Hope this helps

That first one is a Wadkin PK from the look of it - if so it's pre-1960 (it was replaced by the PP in the late 1950s), but the other one is a post 1978 AGS with the really good rip fence. Doubt you'd get that for £200, though!

Scrit

Back