Couple of xmas gifts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I haven't been around on here for so long I feel like a stranger to the forum! Anyone who remembers me will know I was moving house and stuff. That was August 2014. Lot's of work to get the house looking nice and STILL I have no workshop on the back garden. Maybe 2016 is the year?! Or maybe not....... me and SWMBO are expecting a baby end of February so that may delay the workshop further! :roll:

Anyway, although I haven't my own workshop.... christmas is that time of year that usually brings its own joys. Joys in the form of "Oh can you just make this for so and so....." And so I had to make a couple of things in my employers workshop.

The main item I had to make was a little girl's fancy dress box. After a quick think and research, a box was decided not to be the best route. And so, the design evolved into a dress rail.

robe1.jpg

Above, was all the parts cut out and almost ready for fixing together. However, I was so pleased I looked at it like this first, as I soon realised the design wasn't quite right.

robe2.jpg

Above, you can now see what I visualised in the final design. All fixed together now; screwed, glued and filled. All the parts were originally cut on the panel saw and then all the shapes were cut with a jigsaw, sanded and pencil rounded with the router.

robe3.jpg

Above, shows the piece after 2 coats of primer and one top coat. The cardboard is on the floor because my painting is well, how'd you say...... messy!

robe4.jpg

Above, shows the finished piece after the second top coat was applied.

robe5.jpg

And there you have it, the finished piece showing its functionality also. I am pleased to say it was also delivered in time for santa's sleigh via the north pole!

And now, onto the other pieces I made. The first is for a more mature recipient than the item above.
A simple crate to hold 6 wine bottles for one lucky person!
winecrate.jpg

This one below is kind of a christmas present. I was asked to burn the sign by one of the guys I work with for his in laws, back in........ 2014! As I've been so busy, I have only just finished it...... today. So it will be a belated present really. Better late than never eh? The wording is something to do with his in laws dancing club names......... burnt onto oak using pyrography.
pryrosign.jpg

Hope anyone reading this post has enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

Happy New Year everyone!

excellent dress box for this year you will need to make it taller next year start thinking on ways to make it adjustable, hee hee.

Very nice and simple dress box... been meaning to make one for my daughtr as she has to spend a lot of time indoors... but as with most things when you have a big family is space to put things.

Cheers for the comments guys! SWMBO has now put in an order for a rustic trinket cabinet to sit on top of a set of chest o' drawers. Would love to have my own personal workshop to complete it in (so I could do a full WIP and 'cause its nice to work without time constraints) but will have to work on it during my tea breaks at the bosses place. Will try and post a few photos though.

Back