couple of finished projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

well, when i say finished.............they are more or less.
again, i've used pine............its cheap and easy to work with :oops:.
enough talking here's the pic's:-
o.jpg
q.jpg
r.jpg

Kenny.

Hey Kenny......everything looks great from here......the legs on the small table seem a bit on the thin and spindly side to me, which plays with the overall look and balance of the whole thing. Just my view, fella...

The proportions of the bedside table look spot on though, nice job!

What did you use for finish?

SimonA

i've cheated a bit..............i still haven't applied a finish yet.
i'll probably just use a clear finish as i like the look of them as they are.

Kenny, looks good from here too. But get a finish on them quick as pine can stain quite deeply if anything gets spilt on it - & then you will curse.

Andy

Now that's an interesting question, I was about to bowl in with "are those legs balusters with one end cut off?" Yours is much more subtle :wink:

I prefer taper on the legs of small side tables like that, but the bedside table is a nice simple design which works well with the harware.

Enjoy

Martyn

thanks for all the comments guys.
i will get a finish on soon.............and no i didn't turn the legs :oops:, i got them from B&Q..............£1.00 each.........i knew i could use them for something.

Kenny.

two nice pieces you've done a great jop :D

I agree with Alf about the pine.. I've just ordered 5 cu ft of it :)

I like 'em Kenny. Did you prepare the wood in any way or use off the shelf pine stock?

Tony............i just used off the shelf stuff..............no prep work needed :).
i like using pine..........i like the look of it, its cheap, and its easy to work with.

Kenny.

Kenny

A great use of £4 worth of spindles. Your rate of production/posting of projects for a Forum Newbie is quite impressive (I see you've also got a project in beech on the go in another thread).

I probably wouldn't have noticed but now SimonA has pointed it out perhaps the table top is a little chunky for the legs although it's difficult to be certain from a photo.

Well Done

Roy

thanks for all the comments guys..............i can see that the small table may look a little unbalanced in the pics but its not too bad............this was the first project i done once i'd bought the cheap spindles from b&q......................not too worry though, as i bought loads of them :)...............well they'll come in useful, lol.

roy............the only reason i've got lots of projects going one after the other is just down to the fact that i do this for a living...........its a one man show.........just little old me, lol..................so i'm kept on my toes constantly.

i'll try and keep posting completed projects.

kenny.

ooops........i forgot to ask...........the beech project i'm working on just now is a cradle for a relative..............now i am looking for some suggestions on other ways to fill the sides and ends...........i dont want to go down the old road of using spindles, i want to try something different............so if anyone has any ideas please feel free to post them.

thanks.

Back