cots cribs etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slemishwoodcrafts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Long time since I have posted but with the arrival of a little one in the new year I have decided to build the baby's cot.

I've seen a few designs on line that I like but just wondering if anyone on here has built one and what designs they used etc and if you had any tips.

Cheers

Michael

plans no
buy the mattress first yes
mine was 140 x 70
i drew lots of pics of what i wanted to get to
i had to work with the timbers i had ...scrap ash..if there is such a thing
the plan was to get:
doors on one side with a way to remove for later years
drop down on other side so no bending for mum

i spent ages googling about gaps to trap etc

just make it :)

if u r unsure of safety then ask more

Steve

if u need i will make u some plans

Funnily enough I was thinking of making one myself although I need to build our new kitchen first! So much to do so little time...

Cheers Steve.

Spent the day looking at cots in mothercare etc yester day and got plenty of ideas and measurements so have a good idea now how to go about it.

Will get the mattress first like adb used and then get it built. Won't be back in the workshop until February as I live in Scotland and it's back at my parents in northern ireland! But I should be able to build it in a week

Came up with a rough design tonight incorporating a lift off tray style changing table that I had seen on quite a few cots. An idea I quite liked as we are tonight for space.

Here is the design so far, would be interested on your thoughts. Going to use bed bolts to join the sides to the end pieces so it is easily assembled/disassembled and the base can be moved up and down using a series of holes and bed bolts, sort of like adjustable shelves on a bookcase.

15691438291_518ae1ab47_c.jpg
[/url]Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 18.57.40 by mesler585, on Flickr[/img]

Back