cost of Oak

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clogs

just can't decide
Reaction score
Just been to our local wood stockist to check out prices for Oak....
I need to make some modern looking light Oak coloured int doors.....plus a simple kitch dining table n chairs....
well,
European Oak is €2,000 per cub/m, the sort I looked at were random widths but around 30mm thick and rough sawn.....
American Oak light coloured was €2,200 per cub/m, again very rough sawn, random widths and def very wobbly 30-40mm thick but so bad u'd need a 40mm board to get a straight clean 25mm board planed all round....quite a of few the planks vary in thickness from 30 upto 50mm in the same length....very badly sawn.....
no idea on how much extra I would need to buy to get enough of the same colour as I dont want a dark stipe
Can anyone give an idea to qual and costings in the UK for comparison please....

I've got a pedunculate oak that needs felling, you're welcome to come get it for free if you don't mind doing all the work yourself 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Just been to our local wood stockist to check out prices for Oak....
I need to make some modern looking light Oak coloured int doors.....plus a simple kitch dining table n chairs....
well,
European Oak is €2,000 per cub/m, the sort I looked at were random widths but around 30mm thick and rough sawn.....
American Oak light coloured was €2,200 per cub/m, again very rough sawn, random widths and def very wobbly 30-40mm thick but so bad u'd need a 40mm board to get a straight clean 25mm board planed all round....quite a of few the planks vary in thickness from 30 upto 50mm in the same length....very badly sawn.....
no idea on how much extra I would need to buy to get enough of the same colour as I dont want a dark stipe
Can anyone give an idea to qual and costings in the UK for comparison please....
Moss & Co sell theirs at £200/cubic foot plus vat., but you get to choose from the stack if you want to. If that's any consolation to their eye watering prices.

Surrey Timbers list their prices online so you can look there. They are currently selling American Oak rough sawn 38mm at £72-£110 inc VAT / cubic foot, so approx 3000 EUR / m3 at the bottom end.

Last week I bought some prime quality Euro oak for a project.
50mm boards £2500 per CuM
27mm boards £2200 per CuM
all plus VAT at 20%
Collected it myself.
This is as a private individual but I have bought from them before.
HTH

All timber prices have gone up massively. 12 months ago I was buying 1 inch rough sawn oak for £48/cuft ( around £1650/m3). Same supplier last month £72/cuft (£2470/m3) all inclusive of VAT. That price is 2 square edge and straight, self select but also some defect in wider boards. Not as good as some I have bought

Back