Correct Use of Planer/T and Bandsaw - Sefton ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have never owned a P/T before and have one on order. I have had previously owned a bandsaw, which i have sold on, but I have another on order.

I am just a hobby woodworker, and have never done a project for anyone else, although I do take the hobby seriously so would like to exploit my investment in machinery.

I see Peter Sefton has DVD/Downloads available for purchase in relation to machining of wood with a Planer/Thicknesser, and also some advanced bandsaw skills.

Anyone here have seen these videos from Peter and would you recommend them? Or am I best save my money and search around Youtube?

Thanks

I actually have Steve's DVDs on the table saw, and a couple I think covered the bandsaw. but I don't think he covers the planer / thicknessser and from what I recall there was a lot of footage on cutting joints with the bandsaw but not too much beyond this. Great videos though!

Peter is also a member, and is an upstanding man. If you are a complete beginner with machinery, then you need all the help you can get :lol: :lol: 8)

I have watched a few of the Peter Sefton videos and will say that they will learn you everything you need to know. Clear, concise and to the point.

sunnybob":28afhoj3 said:
Peter is also a member, and is an upstanding man. If you are a complete beginner with machinery, then you need all the help you can get :lol: :lol: 8)

Couldn’t agree more, plus what price do you put on your fingers?
Peter makes his living teaching folks, from what I’ve seen of you tube & the very dubious “techniques” there in I know who I’d be turning to for advice if needed.

Got Peter Sefton's P/T Setup video. I like it. A no nonsense direct approach.

Back