Coronet wood lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redders

Reaction score
Good morning all I have a coronet lathe bit I can only work between centres as I do not have a faceplate or chuck are these available and easily fitted.

I think you'll find it's 3/4" with 16TPI and same as many record power lathes. Do get a second check as I have only just acquired a coronet myself and at the beginning of a learning curve.

I purchased a record SC4 Chuck for my coronet herald, very pleased with it, secure holding and very easy to use.
Included is a thread insert relevant to your spindle size, you’ll need to select this when you order/select in a store.
(changing the insert allows the chuck to be used on lathes with different spindle sizes)
Can be used with lathe in reverse, just make sure fit the grub screw if you are going to use later in reverse.
I found I very soon wanted some smaller jaws, but apart from that, the SC4 has been money well spent.

I've got a blue CL3 dating back to early 90's. Spindle nose is 3/4"x16tpi as mentioned previously, but best to check your own lathe before buying anything! Headstock and tailstock are both 1MT.

I've got a coronet cl3 from the 70s I think. Lovely machine. Mine came with an Axminster clubman chuck which oven found really useful as you can still get the different jaws still from Axminsters website.

I have a 4 jaw self centering Vicmark chuck 7/8" x 16 spare from a Coronet major which I have sold, pm me for pics/details if you're interested

Back