Coronet Tailstock help please 1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipster

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been fortunate enough to aquire (free) a Coronet model 1 lathe. It came with a good selection of chisels and chuck and also two jacobs chucks. The problem is I cant work out how to remove the tailstock pin centre in order to mount the jacobs chuck.Can anyone help ? it does not look like anything screws off like it does with the headstock and I have tried turning the wheel to try and "screw out " the whole centre but it seems to lock in and cant bee pulled out even when the thread has cleared !

Pipster":rb68wse6 said:
I have been fortunate enough to aquire (free) a Coronet model 1 lathe. It came with a good selection of chisels and chuck and also two jacobs chucks. The problem is I cant work out how to remove the tailstock pin centre in order to mount the jacobs chuck.Can anyone help ? it does not look like anything screws off like it does with the headstock and I have tried turning the wheel to try and "screw out " the whole centre but it seems to lock in and cant bee pulled out even when the thread has cleared !

the tailstock is hollow - use a knock out bar

if the pin centre has a diameter greater than the tailstock tube you can also put a metal wedge between it and the tailstock and it will release when you wind it back in against it - same applies to the jacobs chuck.

is there a hole in the opposite end of tailstock? into which you can place a brass drift/ steel rod and belt, ..er sorry, gently tap! to displace the taper and push out the live centre?

Back