Coronet Minor Lathe what are these parts used for?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Coronet Minor lathe that I used to use as a Lathe (only) its been quietly retired and sits in the corner.

The box of odd parts that came with it was rediscovered the other day and (although I wont be using them) it would be good to find out what they are - some I have worked out by looking at pictures online but would appreciate some help with the others please. - see photos
I recognise the one on the right as a sanding table but what is the red item on the left?
Next photo
Speed reduction wheel and riving knife but what is the top item attached to a piece of wood.
Last photo
Something sharp and nasty fits the headstock/spindle - thread cutter?
thanks in advance

DSCF7184.JPG
DSCF7185.JPG
DSCF7186.JPG

Rather than me commenting on each item see the attached sales leaflet.
The bottom photo is a slot mortice cutter mouted in its holder.

Attachments

• Coronet leaflet (20 page).pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
Hi I also have a Minor and am seeking a speed reduction counter shaft. Would you be prepared to sell yours? I am considering making one. Please let me know the diameter of the pulley

Many thanks David

Rather than me commenting on each item see the attached sales leaflet.
Wonderful trip down memory lane! My first lathe was the Gamages-branded version of the Minor, which served me incredibly well, supplemented with various bits off a proper Minorette. Complemented with a Consort to provide a slightly more upmarket sawbench and planer.
"Ah, they don't make 'em like they used to"!

Hi dickm
If you want to go even further down memory lane --- I will be selling my Minor complete with various attachments and manufacturers stand/cabinet.
:)
cheers

I have a Coronet Minor lathe that I used to use as a Lathe (only) its been quietly retired and sits in the corner.

The box of odd parts that came with it was rediscovered the other day and (although I wont be using them) it would be good to find out what they are - some I have worked out by looking at pictures online but would appreciate some help with the others please. - see photos
I recognise the one on the right as a sanding table but what is the red item on the left?
Next photo
Speed reduction wheel and riving knife but what is the top item attached to a piece of wood.
Last photo
Something sharp and nasty fits the headstock/spindle - thread cutter?
thanks in advance

View attachment 133136View attachment 133137View attachment 133138
Hi,

I'm looking for a bowl tool rest and bracket, looks a bit like the one in the top image. Would you still have it and be prepared to sell it?

Latest posts

Back