Coronet Major - morse taper stuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
selectortone":33hymleg said:
.......... and demonstrated the limitations of the little pin thingy you get with the AT1628VS to secure the spindle - it kept falling out. ...... !
Sorry, forgot to reply to this.
Measured the locking pin on my AT1628VS & it goes in halfway up the second shoulder. It doesn't fall out when I jiggle the spindle. If yours doesn't go in that far then I would suggest the holes need a good clean out or the pin is oversize.

FYI, a quick blast from the blowtorch enabled me to winkle the bit free. Thanks all for the suggestions.

And a rummage through the box of bits that came with it revealed... a thread protector. Happy days.

On the subject of majors, can anyone tell me how the swivelling head locks in the bowl turning position? There are two holes that align so a in pin drops through for turning between the points, but I can't see a corresponding one at right angles.

Thanks again - awesome forum!

Thanks for the speedy reply, but I don't quite follow. Do you mean for bowl turning, the headstock isn't locked in position? Much obliged.

Back