Coronavirus Condolences

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatmanG

Established Member
Reaction score
This virus has turned our world upside down. We lost our Dippy last Friday 5.20 am Dippy (David Clelland) was 39 and due to celebrate his 40th on May 19th this year, he was fit and healthy with no underlying conditions. It has hit my mother in law so hard to have to bury her only beloved son. I wanted a thread for the forum community to be able to offer condolences to people they have lost. I am isolated and frustrated and grieving and my heart goes out to others who have lost someone close to them.
Fatman :cry:

So sorry to hear that. Bit scary too, a young person (well, by our standards) with no other issues. Let's hope this thread doesn't get too busy.

That's awful. I cannot even imagine how your poor mother in law is feeling.

Hope you are holding up. There is a light at then end of this very dark tunnel - you won't be able to see it yet. But it is there.

Take care of yourself/

I am very sorry to hear that -it seems so random and unfair how some people get just a mild flu symptoms and others in the peak of health get hit with it so hard. the lockdown means it is impossible to grief properly.

My father in law has lewy body dementia and parkinsons. Earlier this year his care needs became too much for his wife to look after him. We managed to find a care home, and he was transferred from hospital (where he had been getting over an infection). the horrible thing is that since he has been transferred none of his family has been able to visit him.

My wife watches the news where they cant give any indication of how or when lockdown will end -and it just makes her worry that she may never see her dad again, or if she does, his neurological decline has been too great and he wont recognise his family.

I realise this is nothing like losing a loved one, but its still quite hard for my wife to deal with. I realise there are millions of stories like this across the country.

Thanks guys, Robin you hit the nail on the head. The fact that it was so unexpected, she never got to visit and your unable to grieve properly. My wife has me and our daughter but the mother in law is shielded and on her own. I honestly think she won't be able to get over it.
Robin I will keep your wife in my prayers, it's not just lip serviceI am a believer.
Take care everyone and thank you
FG

I am so sorry for your loss FatmanG and Robin I cannot begin to imagine how your wife must be feeling. A friend moved her father into a care home as he was becoming increasingly confused last month and has been unable to see him since. She feels guilty and worries that she may have put him in harms way whenever she watches the news.

While the current restrictions may be necessary they unfortunately bring with them some horrible consequences.

Blackswanwood":1p853hkh said:
I am so sorry for your loss FatmanG and Robin I cannot begin to imagine how your wife must be feeling. A friend moved her father into a care home as he was becoming increasingly confused last month and has been unable to see him since. She feels guilty and worries that she may have put him in harms way whenever she watches the news.

While the current restrictions may be necessary they unfortunately bring with them some horrible consequences.
Condolences from me also FatmanG, it's very sad and far too soon for him to die, my niece who was early 30s died suddenly, not C19 related but not long before the lockdown so at least we got to the funeral and could see my sister so we were lucky in that respect.

My MIL went into a care home a few months ago, she's almost 93 with a number of health issues so is very vulnerable and my wife feels the same as yours Blackswanwood. On top of that her saving investments are dropping like a stone, house sale is on hold and care fees gone up £100 to £1060 a week which isn't great for her financially either.

My parents are frail, both 86, Mum's not too bad Dad is bad, parkinsons, dodgy heart, slight demensia but very pleased they are at home. Struggle to keep them fed and looked after but safer in the long term I think.

Wife lost an ex work colleague this week, fit healthy and mid 50's, died at home alone due covid.

my sympathy to all who have had to lose someone to this. You are all in my thoughts

My sincere condolences, FatmanG.

To lose a loved one is always a grievous matter, to suffer it in the current circumstances is probably even more painful.

Back