Cordless Combo anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, perhaps not so exclusive. Just noticed it in the new Argos catalogue at the same price.

I used to think of Ryobi as being one of the top Japanese makes, now I'm not so sure. Apparently they market a not very nice router and table combination, and recently in a local tool shop I saw a special offer- a 12v ryobi drill driver and a ryobi rightangle drill driver, all in a kit bag with charger for £99 plus vat. Seemed to work OK but usually if stuff is that cheap there's a reason
John

Hi John

I have the Ryobi "Take Five" set, as it`s known and I think it`s a great bit of kit!
I used to think the same as you John, but decided to give it a try, and have not been disappointed.
In fact, I`ve bought even more Ryobi tools, including the Monster chop saw they make (can`t think of the model number) and am pleased with all of them.
As a joiner of 20 years plus experience I`ve had personally, or tried just about everything out there, and they measure up !
BTW I have no affiliation with Ryobi, I just speak as I find.

Cheers
Steve

I think Ryobi are OK'ish. My Woodcut router table is the same as the Ryobi badged one. I reckon the table is real nice with it's sliding carriage and solid cast iron - beautifully ground finish and dead flat. Did chuck the supplied holddowns though and done quite a few mods for holddowns, fence, etc to improve setup. Got an M12V dedicated to it.

Ike

Back