Cordless biscuit jointer - why?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
I just got an email circular about this:

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/section//sn/MAKBPJ180Z

I'm not in the market, having bought an old-style Makita at the beginning of the year (which I'm delighted with, incidentally).

I am puzzled though: this thing definitely isn't cheap, by the time you've bought the batteries, so what job is so awkward that a corded one won't fit the bill? Biscuit joining on a roof or down a cave?

Thrifty men of Scots ancestry demand to know!

E.

Er, I'm not sure, Pete.

As a Biscuit joiner it has to have 'ground clearance', and the battery looks a bit smaller than normal - not like other Makita ones I've seen. But my Makita tools are all mains, so I haven't paid close attention, and it may just belong to a new series.

Odd, still.

Eric The Viking":29d793pm said:
and the battery looks a bit smaller than normal

It`s a standard 18 volt type battery which makita make loads of tools for, I have quite a few & am tempted by this biscuit jointer, I much prefer the versatility of cordless tools especially on site.

Cheers.

I got that email too. Its a bloody expensive tool :shock: for the price of that Makita you could buy a nice Lamello one, I only paid just over £300 for my Mafell. Seems over priced to me.

Thing is if the rest of your tools are Makita the chances are you already have a good supply of batteries so its handy when there is no electric.

My old garage/workshop had no sockets just a light bulb and I wasn't able to add sockets as the garage electric was on the neighbours/landlords supply.

I used to use a 50m extension lead down my driveway but cordless tools would have been much easier.

Back