Cordless Batteries

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emjaiar

Reaction score
Has anyone recommendations for third party batteries for cordless tools? I’m specifically after batteries for Ryobi One+, but interested in battery companies. It seems possible to make great savings but as usual reviews are all over the place

vanoon are usualy the better third party, i have used their batteries in the past, but tend to stick to the original brand batteries, mainly because i have know someone that had a third party one explode on them.

Last edited:
As it's such a competitive market the third party battery makers will buy cells from wherever they can get them cheapest at the time, so there's unlikely to ever be any consistency, you may get a great battery one time from a particular seller, and the next time it may have completely different cells in, hence the reviews that are all over the place.

the prices are very tempting, but I think you've just got to stick with originals if you want anything reliable

I take your points, but I keep thinking I can get two Vanon batteries and change for the cost of one Ryobi. If they last 60% of the time of Ryobi I get 20% extra for less money. Or do I?

There are a number of UK companies that will fit new cells to your batteries. Think I'd be more inclined to trust their promises of "genuine Sanyo" etc than some no-name Chinese outfit flogging cheap batteries on Amazon.
Duncan

I’ve got some batteries, but lowish power. I need a 5.0 one for the angle grinder. For the sake of £27 I’ll try a Vanon from Amazon.
I’ve never seen a company who will recall lithium’s, and then you’d need to be sure the electronics were ok.

Back