Copying music

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennyk

Established Member
Reaction score
I have about 200 LP's and albums of music from the 50's & 60's. :D

I want to put them onto my PC and make a CD collection, anyone among our exalted brethren know of a way I can do this, without losing the stereo sound or changing the format into MP3, :? :?:

BTW my car CD player will not play music in MP3 format.

All help will be appreciated

I have been doing just that job using "Magix Audio Cleaning lab 2005"
The program is great as you can remove a lot of the "Noise" on the vinyl and even remaster the recording. The big drawback is the time, each disc has to be played and recorded into your harddrive then you have to clean the recording then transfer to c/d or even dvd providing your computer is equipped with a writer. I also bought a cheap kit to make c/d printed c/d labels

Hi Jaymar
Thanks for the reply

How do you connect the hi-fi system to your compter?

I used to spend quite a bit of time playing around with vinyl and recording them to PC, it really is very time consuming.

I used to use Cool Edit Pro, I think its now called Adobe Audition. If you have the latest Nero package on your pc you can do it with that. (Nero sound trax) It has all the filters to cut out crackle and pop etc.

I think the best way is to save your file as WAV and then work with it from there. You will also need to either stop the recording after each track or record it all and then split it up.

The quickest and simplest way to do it would be to find the albums on a download service and then put them on CD for your car and save yourself a lot of hours. :)

The deck is plugged into the sound card "Line in" socket. No pre-amp needed but I did find I had to switch off the auto finish in the program.You can set track points or the program will do it for you. I bought it on ebay for about £15 .

Denyk You have a very good sense of music, the 50 & 60's, the best way and time saving also, is just to sing the songs to yourself whilst driving and if that good leave the car windows open. :)

Thanks Folks for all the info, and Ray that site looks very interesting.

I reckon I'll get started on the project in the new year.

Thanks again

Back