Copy Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to copy a few spindles and wondered if there was a cheap and cheerful copy lathe out there or a copy attachment to add on to any lathe , does anyone know of such a thing ? Thanks , Jason .

Not sure if this counts as cheap Jason. Delta make an attachment (model 46-945) for copying spindles. I've only ever seen it attached to Delta lathes but the Delta-France catalogue blurb states that it can also be adapted for other lathes with "the help of modification to the supports".
The cheapest I've found it over here is 263 euros. It may well be cheaper in the UK though, virtually all of the Delta-Fox range is considerably less expensive over there. It would definitely pay to check with a dealer that it will fit before committing to a purchase though. Good Luck.

--------------
Simon

You can get those copying fingers attachments that may help.
Craft Supplies do them. Six fingers for about £34, but -speaking from experience, you can also make your own using bits of MDF or similar.

Hi
Try B&Q.
They have (or had) a copy lathe for about £200.00
It has 36" bed; but someone more knowledgeable could guide you as to quality
Some of the P Pro stuff can disappoint

I bought one from www.rockler.com in the states. I believe is costs $229 at the moment. Very heavy sturdy well made piece of kit. Really comes into it`s own if you have a lot of spindles to make or you want exact copies. Be prepared for a lot of sanding though. Minimum centre height of lathe is 6" and a double bed bar lathe bed.

LatheDuplicator.jpg

JFC":1vgz4vpb said:
I need to copy a few spindles and wondered if there was a cheap and cheerful copy lathe out there or a copy attachment to add on to any lathe , does anyone know of such a thing ? Thanks , Jason .
You could just do them by hand ( how many do you have to do :whistle: )
How good is your turning as I am not a great turner but have done some myself ( manage to get them down to 20 minutes each :) , with some practice and a steady (made myself ).

Back