COP26 progress or same old

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think I'd put myself up for ridicule from pompous asses who are clueless but who think they know everything because they've read an editorial on Wikipedia or in some other science magazine? That's not how I work. I research the facts and data evidence first and then decide if the data fits the claims. Mann's DIDN'T!
So you keep saying. But you are wrong.
You need to catch up you are years out of date. 'Hockey stick' graph creator Michael Mann cleared of academic misconduct
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/08/michael-mann-cleared-again/244051/https://www.scientificamerican.com/...igators-clear-climate-scientist-michael-mann/Even if Mann was a total fraud it would not have made an iota of difference - the data was compiled from many sources, by many people, and subsequently revised, up-dated, over the intervening 20 years, with the addition of masses of new research into past climates and accumulating evidence of CC itself actually happening. His "errors" wilful or otherwise would have been completely over-ridden, revised, lost without trace.
You really are flogging a dead horse! 99% of world science is not conducting a massive fraud.

Last edited:
I really think the tone here is very bigotted!

Those who believe in creationism, brexit etc have a right to do so without malice from those who don't.
They are not immune from criticism and comment though.
n.b. "we" get slated and insulted all the time: "woke, snowflake, guardian reader, politically correct, hard left"..etc...
Can't say I'm bothered really, don't feel the need for special treatment! People who don't like the heat should stay out of the kitchen?

But as with vaccines, folk should be at liberty to ask questions, believe that which they choose, and need to accept the consequences of their poor judgement.

Fair enough if I didn’t have to accept the consequences of their poor judgment but I do. I and millions more for example are already suffering the consequences of the poor judgment of those who voted to leave the EU. It’s no consolation to know that “we are all in it together “

Fair enough if I didn’t have to accept the consequences of their poor judgment but I do. I and millions more for example are already suffering the consequences of the poor judgment of those who voted to leave the EU. It’s no consolation to know that “we are all in it together “
It's just a pity that those who were so vocal about remaining in the EU weren't also so vocal with regard to the effect the uncontrolled migration policies of the EU had on many of the poorest already living in our society!
The poorest arguably were the ones who bore the brunt of the demand for the already depleted housing stock and generally underfunded social infrastructure, not to mention the struggle in an almost unlimited and over-supplied unskilled labour market which drove down wages. It might have benefitted employers but not those who had to survive on low wages..

After all, it wasn't those living in comfortable leafy suburbs who had to compete for housing, jobs and other infrastructure who were disadvantaged by uncontrolled immigration, it was mostly the poorest in our society who had to live with it and when they aired their often very valid concerns and grievances, they were shouted down, marginalised and called racists, stupid etc etc by those who wished to remain in the EU....Hmmmmm...now where have I heard that sort of behaviour before?

We all have to live with the consequences of actions, sometimes not of our personal choosing or liking but it's called living in a democracy.

Trump. Shall we do Trump again everyone? Obviously of no relevance to the thread and belongs in the padded cells, but who cares? Just free associate.

It's just a pity that those who were so vocal about remaining in the EU weren't also so vocal with regard to the effect the uncontrolled migration policies of the EU had on many of the poorest already living in our society!
Govt found it easy to blame poverty on migrants, as a vote winner with racists and xenophobes. Now we know this was not true and we are all worse off for it.
Oddly there has been a benefit for the boat people - we can no longer send them back to the EU Brexit has made it easier for small boat crossings to reach UK, refugees say
This means we are severely short of migrants coming here freely for work but have an increase in migrants coming here because they are simply desperate.

Last edited:
Govt found it easy to blame poverty on migrants as a vote winner with racists and xenophobes. Now we know this was not true and we are all worse off for it.
So the vast majority who voted for the Conservatives at the last election were effectively all racists and xenophobes? Hmmm an interesting perspective!

No comment. I thought better of it! 🤣

It's turning into a battleground against Duds Army!
Definition: "Duds Army" is the large body of people struggling in society who have mentally manacled themselves to some very dud ideas.

Yeah, like the huge majority who voted for the Conservatives are all racists and xenophobes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back