Cool new geo toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shady

Established Member
Reaction score
For those who haven't played with it, try out 'Google Earth'. Free download from google, and amazingly cool little global map - it has the option to overlay street names, so you can zoom in to your village/ town from a global view, and see your street name come up!

A (to me) better and more intuitive version of the NASA equivalent that's out there. Came across it wit hmy other hobby head on - paragliders are using it to show one another 3-d visualisations of flights they have made, using GPS records imported into it. Really, really impressive piece of freeware - anyone with kids will value it for geography homework, I suspect.

NB - requires an open connection to stream all the data in.

Ah well - serves me right for being out of comms... back on line now, i think... :roll:

have you got the latest one it shows noels workshop :shock: sorry it was a hanger at the airport . 8) 8)

frank":3ccmdlvn said:
have you got the latest one it shows noels workshop :shock: sorry it was a hanger at the airport . 8) 8)
Eh?

Noel

Ha ha - no, but if you go to Fairford (North of Swindon), you can see a U2 spyplane caught on one of the Northern dispersal pads...

U2.jpg

Very interesting Shady.
Anybody care to post a picture of my area? I'm on dial-up, so canny get it to work. What do you need?

Noel

Hey Adam, that's really cool. I'm just about an inch north of the post code, up towards the corner of the road.

Many thanks

Noel

Latest posts

Back