cool morticer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I clicked on the link above for henneburyspecialtywoodcraft and something started to download onto my hard disk.
Is this my computer (I'm using a mac) or is it happening to everyone? if so I'm not too happy about having links posted here that automatically download - it could be anything coming down!!

Just viewed it,and it opened MediaPlayer and an avi file - didn't try and download anything to the HDD (windows XP SP2)
Might be a Mac problem (different way of buffering ?)

Hell of a morticer,though - hope you get to see it :D

Andrew

Manny

I understand your nervousness about the web but... if you're running a firewall and a virusguard, and the link clearly shows it's pointing to an avi file which is clearly going to be a download, and the website that it's coming from is also clearly shown in the link, I really don't think there's anything to worry about.

Cheers Alan

Dewy

OK my mistake sorry, just thought I'd mention no need to get carried away, as one of our members posted the link and obviously had tried it. Yes you are absolutely right you should never click on any link whatsoever until somebody preferably a relative has sworn in blood it's OK. :)

Cheers Alan

Hi Alan,
I put all that because on the chat program I have helped on for over 5 years there is a subscription option for those wanting high speed video as well as voice chat.
No matter how many times people are warned about opening files without scanning them first or clicking on URLs posted in rooms or PMs they never learn and hundreds every day were having their passwords stolen and changed by accepting something like mysexypic.jpg.......................exe which puts a trojan on the computer to steal their accounts.
The thieves then used the stolen accounts to send these files or URLs to everyone on the persons contact list and so on ad infinitum.
It has been a constant battle for years.
Even though the security on the program is tighter than any other now, people still give their personal account details to others then wonder why they lose their paid usernames.
I run both an anti-virus and trojan scanner constantly and often get warnings from them when entering websites or opening mediaplayer sites.

The MAKA company have one or two other exotics, but I don't think they are likely to fit in the garage workshop.

Back