converting ROS to polisher

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister S

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a Bosch Pex400AE random orbit sander that I want to use as a polisher. Try as I might, I can't find any info about velcro backed polishing mops, or wether I can use the original rubber backing pad or need a softer intermediate one.
Anyone here gone down this route and know what I need and where to source the parts needed?
The only reference I can find on the forum has a link to a cheap polishing mop on Amazon with a poor user review-which makes me think that not all polishing mops are created equal.

Cheers
Steve

Try looking for Farecla Mop Head dont know how well it will work on your sander though. Motor Factor or possibly Machine Mart.

Mister S

I know your hometown rather well Is Glasplies still down Crowland St . They may just have what you are looking for .

Thanks for the link James, I'll have a look around on the site.

Sheikh - yes Glassplies is still in Crowland St, if I can't find what I'm looking for elsewhere, I might try there. I've eventually found some purpose made Bosch polishing mops that will fit, just looking for the best price.

Thanks for the help guys

Cheers
Steve

Back