Converting a pig shed into something useful+ various bodges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while since I updated! I have done a few little jobs though and it's becoming more and more of a useable space.

I was fed up with having a fairly good tablesaw but on a silly little base that felt like it would tip over and also not having anywhere for outfeed as I regulalrly rip long lengths of timber for farm stuff. I also wanted a large centre table as it's just very useful so I spent a few hours assembling this, it's simple in construction but does everything I need it to! I also want to add some shelving to it and an extractor inside for the tablesaw dust at some point, I may just add the big mouth back again as that worked pretty well.

I also wanted to replace the last external wall. This wall faces a ditch and there is limited space to work in. The wall was sparsely studded and just had some rotting plywood to skin it. This was a weak point of the place and where it got broken into many years ago (Hence the steel over the 'window'). I decided that I would ditch having a window here as I'm having some clear sheets in the roof which I'm replacing at the end of summer (It is all sitting here ready to fit!) and also some wall space for hanging stuff and putting up shelves is always useful! I've used some insulation we took from an old shed and recycled some 2 year old roof sheets and used them as the external wall cladding as it seemed a shame to waste them! I also can't wait to paint over the graffiti that the lads who used this place before me sprayed on...

I've left the bit to the left uncovered as I will be building a small room as an office/studio sort of thing. It'll have my computer and a 3D printer in it as well as an electronics bench as I like to tinker with Arduinos and stuff.

A starting block makes a great clamp rack!

Latest posts

Back