Contra-rotating saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More controllable and more versatile than an angle grinder basically. You can use them on multiple materials in tight spaces, like a big beefy oscillating multitool really.
Great for cutting access holes where a recip saw would be dangerous or too rough.

For the average DIY or builder they are not much use but they have their place in certain industries I am sure.

If the blades can be spaced apart (doubtful) could be useful for chasing, wood or blockwork for conduits or housings, I have a big beefy chaser with dual Tungsten Carbide blade, but it does make a h**l of a mess even with a decent extractor fitted, last use in a small bathroom, window open and a large fan on a stand blowing across where I was working, my neighbour came around to see if the house was on fire. LOL

I bought that saw a some time ago when it was VERY cheap <£30
It’s been very good and is well made and strong
I’ve used it on wood and alloy projects
And for plumbing pipe work

The best thing is no kickback and the kerf is only slightly more that a conventional saw

I wouldn’t be without it

With two tungsten blades I am wondering about a re-pointing tool, certainly more controllable than an angle grinder, not strictly UK workshops where we tend to talk mostly woodworking, but maybe relevant to some.

flh801978":2mtp8nyp said:
I bought that saw a some time ago when it was VERY cheap <£30
It’s been very good and is well made and strong
I’ve used it on wood and alloy projects
And for plumbing pipe work

The best thing is no kickback and the kerf is only slightly more that a conventional saw

I wouldn’t be without it

Can't see from the advert, but is there an adjustment for depth of cut?

How are the opposing blades supposed to work if they look like they're on the same arbour spinning the same way? There might be some black voodoo magic going on there but I really cannot see how that works.

At least it's safer to use than a 9" grinder with a saw blade in it :lol:

The image of the blade's in the advert certainly show opposing teeth, and the gearbox looks to be a little larger than normal, perhaps flh801978 can enlighten us?

I note that one of the blades has a very large hole for the arbour, so it would seem you can't use just any blade.

Never knew such a tool existed! I watched some YouTube videos and this thing looks great. I use my angle grinder and oscillation tool a lot, so this might come in very handy indeed.

One to look out for on prime day!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Back