Contact glue plus one other

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sed9888

Established Member
Reaction score
What contact glue are we using to glue our templates down with,

Record scroll saw I need to upgrade my dust blower, I have the pump ill be using, and have loc_line does anyone know a way of fitting the loc line to the air pipe/cable

I use re-positionable spray glue applied to the back of the pattern. I'm currently using one from Crafters Companion, the Purple can. Crafter's Companion Stick and Spray Mounting Adhesive (PURPLE CAN)
As for the dust blower, on my Delta I used a dogs squeaky toy, removed the squeaker and pushed the pipe into the hole then glued the squeaker under the bottom arm.

Attachments

• blower pics (2).jpg
    blower pics (2).jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 35
I use full page A4 sticky sheets. I first apply masking tape in 2" wide strips (Poundland is best but any will do as long as it is not too sticky) and the apply the printed pattern. The masking tape makes it easy to remove from delicate areas. Some times I use a layer of Sellotape type clear tape on top of this lot as it helps with lubricating the blade.
Don W

I also use A4 self adhesive labels, but applied straight to the wood

After cutting a wipe over with turps subs and 30 seconds later the remains will generally peel off in one go leaving nothing behind

To much faff not to mention expense to use glue etc

Back