I have been volunteered to fit out my daughter and son-in-laws Bongo camper can. I sorted out the electrics today but they are coming back over the bank holiday to have a rear kitchen unit built and fitted. The one that was in there seemed to have been cut to size by a band of beavers and was joined with an over abundance of pocket holes. Well the panels that were screwed that is, many were just interference fit.
What is the best approach for quick build? Pocket holes? Dominoes? Other?
The existing is ply or would MDF be a better option? I’m thinking something with a nice wipe down finish and T edging or glue-on banding.
I can remember I got asked to do T5 for someone about 6 years ago, was a right headache as my OCD couldn't get around the fact everything shifted every time you got in and out of the van due to your personal weight and the affect it had overall lol I resided to the fact that you should just stick to your niche, but hope it turned out ok for you.
Well I started today and bodge it is. Started this morning and removed some of the worse bits already in there. Then cut some board to fill a large hole where the side panel had been removed.
I then had to get out my 35 year old Bosch ¼ inch router to recess some hinges and promptly tore up one door when the router caught. I remember why I’m a hand tool guy… No time or material to replace the butchered door so it’s there until the proper refit layer in the year.
The base for the sofa/pull out bed is in. Tomorrow is bed slats and refit the old kitchen as no time to replace it.
Add to that the bonnet stay got replaced and I modified the flasher relay to cope with the led bulbs that had been fitted.